1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stop already with calling the Scripting Build "KAG 1.0"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueLuigi, Jan 17, 2013.

1. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Dat post....
    I think it should be called KAG Beta , considering Beta is usually when you remove bugs from a program.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I think it should be pretty clear key ;)

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. johncarterminime2

johncarterminime2 Shopkeep Stealer

when a game comes out its in 1.0 and it still has bugs...

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No when a game is in 1.0 it's generally free of gamebreaking bugs and most QoL bugs that have been found/could be fixed reasonably.

Anyways, quite clear from Geti's post that for some reason they're using the term KAG 1.0 even though they mean to reference that when it's done and reaches the point where it's released (for steam/etc) it'll be 1.0, however the current build and this'version' of the game isn't referenced as 1.0.

At least that's what I took from it, I could be wrong.

Boxpipe and potatomcwhiskey like this.
  5. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

if you, BlueLuigi, didnt have a problem about me calling KAG v1.0 'KAG 1.0', then why create this fricking thread in the first place? you dont stack up. i mean WTF... he doesnt have a problem but he can be bothered to create this thread :huh?:

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

>.<

If you'd actually read all the thread, Sly, you would know that it was I, not BlueLuigi, who made the thread. Plus, I don't think it's a matter of him not caring, but rather that Geti's reply has helped to allay at last some of his concerns.

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Hey, here's an idea, try to follow along, I know that it's hard for someone of your... type... to follow, but do try to keep up dear, if you're the reason for the thread being started, pay some attention.

Boxpipe and One like this.
  8. SlyStalker

what im saying is, why do you care at all? it confuses me... after all, i am somewhat idiotic at times, so please smooth the way

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It's complicated, Sly, but the basic thrust of it (as I understand it; BL, correct me if I'm wrong) is that having the '1.0' on the end could lead to some people thinking that when the upcoming version of KAG (i.e. the scripting build) will be released as a finished product; when the reality is that the first release of KAG on the new game engine will still only be a Beta and will probably be missing some significant elements from what the final package will have. I think BlueLuigi's concern is that if people get accidentally mislead by the whole '1.0' thing there's going to be a bunch of backlash--right when the game should be getting ahead it'll be taking an angry fanbase to the knee.

Boxpipe and BlueLuigi like this.
  10. BlueLuigi

That is exactly the point, yes. It will only hurt people who come in with expectations that won't be met. For the sake of a name that isn't even a good one, that's not worth it.

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

MM usually makes the final version 2.0 and not 1.0. Soldat 2.0 is the final version of soldat and 1.05b was the first main beta version (that went viral).

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Well from the earlier post he made it seems like they're just gonna wait until they're happy stuff has been mostly ironed out and completed, THEN slap the 1.0 tag on it, up till then clearly referrring to it as an open beta.

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The 1.0 everywhere is something I've bought up with Michal because it's caused a lot of grief for the data realms guys - their initial release on steam was badly received because regardless of what 1.0 actually means (second major version, first minor revision, using zero-based versioning), players read it and think "DONE DONE DONE". It'll definitely not have that tag on release.

14. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Have the discussion ended yet with
    "It won't be 1.0 officially , it'll be 1.0 for the new engine, it'll be beta."?

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. BlueLuigi

:eek: :r_flex::D:heart:

These muscles and hearts are for you.

Boxpipe and potatomcwhiskey like this.
  16. SlyStalker

ok... i suppose thats reasonable....

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

This thread and blueluigi make my my cock hard.

Its pretty simple if I've been following version based nomenclature correctly.

V1.0 is feature complete and thats it. Everything is implemented and at least functional. Most games are released as V1.0.1.3 or something, implying that a few bugs made it through the development. The KAG Scripting build as I call it doesn't look like its V1.0 yet, as various features are missing or not working as intended yet.

I'm not sure why we needed to have a huge dick measuring contest over the naming protocol when clearly established industry guidelines have been used for many years to avoid this kind of confusion.

Boxpipe and SlyStalker like this.