1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story of the removed song

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Mazey, Nov 11, 2015.

?

Bring back the best song

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Hello friends, haters, casuals and people in between.
    While reading my post, turn on this song. I will tell you the story, it includes quotes from well known community members (slight :potato:)

When I first played TR, build 2 or 3, the old demo, there was an amazing song that stole my heart. Upon opening the game it embraced me.
    Catchy beat. Calm, not calm. Plenty of variety, yet it gets stuck in your head. It's also great to put on repeat
    geti_chat_jazz.png
    I love catchy beats like this, it makes we wanna sing them and tell people how they go (for example, 1:18 to end:
    wooooooooo deeeeeeeeeeee pew dedede pededetete pew dewdewdew pe pe pe pew deeew, de dee dee deeww deeeeww.
    pew dededeewww dididididedewwww, de de de deww deewww, dededewwwwwwww-de de de dew de

Listen to it while hearing that part, trust me, it's awesome.)
    kinpump_chat_jazz.png
    The music currently in the game is great, really, but a lot of them are somewhat similar. This is not a bad thing! On the contrary, the songs are really well done and it gives the feeling you're playing one game: Trench Run. If one song is in your head, it could be any of them.
    But it's missing something.. The Best Song from Trench Run. It would give a different feeling. I think the main theme right now should stay the main theme, as it fits the biome songs more, but The Best Song from Trench Run should definitely be in Trench Run. Be it in a minigame gamemode, while you set up the game. Anything.
    mm_chat_jazz.png

Thank you for reading this. I really hope you will consider re-adding The Best Song from Trench Run to Trench Run
    Mazey​

Asu, BarsukEughen555, bru-jaz and 5 others like this.
  2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

are you trying to impersonate fellere's convoluted way of linguistics

3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

#Vote1 @Mazey.
    IIRC this was the menu theme, either way we need it. Now.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I just want the best song

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

6. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I too really like and miss the song.

7. Bint

Bint Haxor

There's a jukebox in the sprites folder! I guess the concern is that it wouldn't gel well with the new stuff so maybe you could make it playable in the jukebox for the lobby!!!

8. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Great to see that the tune resonates with you guys! I really like it as well. That's why I suggested to Geti and MM to implement it somewhere in the game, so that it won't be lost. But so far there hasn't been the right part in the game where it would fit, as it currently only consists of the (pre) lobby map and all the biomes. But having it playable in the real lobby later on was definitely one of the ideas :)

9. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

A juke box in the lobby would be really cool.

10. Mazey

purchasable music discs like minecraft

Mods: 101i, Mazey