1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Strange server error that I actually enjoyed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Final Boss, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Final Boss

Final Boss Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, whenever the gold limit is reached, servers always restart with a fresh map. After one particular game, however, the gold limit returned to its initial point upon the "blue wins" message, and the match restarted with all of our progress still there. I really enjoyed playing on the same map twice. It gives you more time to build structures and watch the world that you've grown semi-attached to evolve more.

I believe that after a gold limit is reached, players should be allowed to vote on whether or not they want a fresh map for the next round. I mean, there's not really much of a reason why the option shouldn't be there. There may need to be a tweak when it comes to regrowing trees, but even after round 2, there were still plenty of them for archers and ladders.

Great job on the game, guys. I just downloaded it yesterday, and there must have been three or four updates since then. I'm super impressed =)

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

On a full server, by the end of the map most of the stone and gold are gone by the end of the round.
    I can see this being fun in a round with 12v12 or something like that, but this would be pretty awful in a full game.

3. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Guest

Or you know, just a gamemode where a team can only win untill every last bit of gold has been excavated.

4. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This was actually my initial plan to not restart the map but issue a vote to restart or not. I might add this again as a server option.

5. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

What if when the game was finished, the map simply got everything underground reset with the gold in new locations, but everything above ground stayed the same. This way you wouldn't lose your cool castle you had just finished.

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The vote system sounds the best for me.

7. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

really, really old. back in the days of l0re when i didnt wasnt here. i find this would be a fun option to play the map again and again until something.....

8. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Then mod it in when the scripting build comes out! Posting in this thread is kind of moot because it's more than a year old.

Froghead48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.