1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Strike the Earth - Mountainfall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TerryDactyl, Jun 22, 2011.

1. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl Guest

June 22nd, 2011. 9:30 AM, EST

Red & Blue declare ceasefire, having discovered a technique to topple whole mountains. The process is a little glitchy and somewhat exploitive:

backwall stone block placed underground leave sky tiles when removed, which do not support dirt above them. By building a wall from one end of the mountain to the other and then removing them to sky, the whole thing came down, at no danger to those inside. An outpost fell safely to the ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the third image we see a few strange blocks that became stuck in air.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I was there and can confirm it. Anyway, it's awesome to see whole mountain going down just like that. :D

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Regardless, that's more than overpowered. That's more broken than skybridges, to have an entire fortress toppled just because some miner put a bunch of stone walls in the background of a long mine and then destroyed them. It's hardly hard to do, back walls cost virtually nothing and require almost no effort to destroy.

4. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl Guest

We haven't tested the technique in a real-game setting yet, so it might be hard to accomplish while fighting.

[​IMG]
    Blue topples their own tent. I fell out of the sky on the top left corner (spawn bug) in time to watch.