1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stun with Buckets

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BanakaI1, Feb 3, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I propose that "Splashing" someone with a bucket should stun them. Knights and archers already have water ammo. Being able to stun would make builders alot better in combat. A knight is chasing you? Splash him in the face with some water and run. You can't do this too many times though, since the water will run out. If you feel brave enough in combat, splash them with some water, then hit them with a drill, hopefully killing them. The balance to this is that the water may run out, and you have to be good with grabbing items.

tl;dr water ammo for builders.

:bucket:

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Hahaha. Haha. Ha. Ha.

... No.

This actually used to be in the game, and was removed because it was terribly abused and everyone hated it.

3. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Care to explain how it was "terribly abused" and why "everyone hated it" or are you just going to keep me wondering.

Obviously it would need to be balanced. Perhaps make it cost ~10 coins per bucket or make it builder only. Also probbably adjust the amount of water that can be held in the bucket.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1)Filling water is easy
    2)You can't balance the need for water to put out fires, fire arrows, and it's stunnability
    3)There is no need for it at all
    4)The glass stuns, not the water, hence water ammo is glass encased. Get reky scrubs.... wOod don't stun :^))

5. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Obv, it wouldn't stun your teammates. 3 splashes per bucket. If you walked around with a knight, just click to stun the huge group, and your knight can murder the defenseless enemy knights. There was no way to defend against it, and was just bad.

6. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

1. Yeah I could see problems with this on ocean maps
    2. Most of the time buildings aren't made out of wood, or have wood positioned so that a fire arrow doesn't do that much damage. Most of the time if the builders are stupid enough to create a building with high flammibility they are too stupid to use buckets anyway.
    3. As a builder I kinda hate having to always work "behind" the scenes. This would allow me to work close to the action.
    4.If you got a bucket of cold water splashed in your face I think you would flinch.

When I was imagining it I was thinking about it stunning your team also but effecting a "Slice" of area instead of a circle around the bucket.

Here is a heavily MS paint diagram displaying this with what I want VS. Current bucket physics.

[​IMG]

7. BlueLuigi

If you want it, mod it in.

Ta, fucking, dah. It was removed because fo the majority of people it was terrible. That is still the case, and I am sure however if you mod it in, host a server, iron out any kinks since you realllyyyy want it, if it works extremely well it can be added into the main game, but you'd have to do testing first.

8. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

If I knew how to mod this in do you think I would post it here? not to mention the cost implication of actually running a server+ getting a playerbase because not many players will be willing to play on a server that's modded just for a new bucket capability.

I'm not complaining at all about it not being in the game so I don't really get where you are saying that I "Realllly" want it. I'm simply suggesting what I think would improve the game and responding to comments to make it more clear how I imagine it.

epenow and Duplolas like this.
  9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Stunning is terrible. If it lowered an UNSHIELDED enemy's movement speed by like 10% that'd be more balanced, but considering 4 buckets per inventory and 3 splashes per bucket, at max you have 12 shots of slowing enemy knights in combat.

10. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Jesus, lets make builders more useless boring, just make it so only builders stun when using buckets and knights and archers can only put out fire with it.

11. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

This doesn't solve the problem: a builder can still stun an enemy knight and have a friendly knight kill him/her.

12. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Wait what. Builders were p much the only ones that used it all that much. It made "offensive builder" viable by running around with a Knight and killing everything until you reached their walls. Then you ladder over them and win.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This was intentionally removed because it was cancer.

Sir_Walter, Jlordo and Guitarman like this.
  14. epenow

And we dont want to encourage team work because................

15. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Bucket stuns are cancer, it's got nothing to do with the builder. Even if only the builder could do it, it's still cancer.

16. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

>getting hit the shit out of someone with a wooden bucket hurts.

17. epenow

Why?

18. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

"lol buckets have 3 uses per refill, stuns with every splash, if a fight is happening in water, infinite stuns."

I don't see how infinitely stunning people is a good mechanic. And clearly the devs don't either. Please stop x.x'

Guitrz likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

It's pretty fucking cancerous to have a dock with like 5 water bomb shops inside v.v;

Fucking JTG and Arcrave did that crap, 2-4 people held off like 6-8 of us rushing, for a long time... long time.

20. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

^This is why i don't even consider TTH to be a legit mode.

Mods: Rainbows