1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribster_

Ribster_ Catapult Fodder

I don't really like the idea of a trading system but a way to give and recive coins from other players would be nice. Maybe have the ability to store them in a chest.

2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I suggest..like...not removing my posts on here for no real reason, guys. Like the part where I explained Bisons can jump. You had no reason to remove that post.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2014 ---
    I do like the ability to trade. This would allow you to give stuff without tossing them down, or into stuff other members can rush and pick up. Giving players the ability to trade individually with each other would allow for stuff like the Dragon armor from being accidentally picked up, or TAKEN by someone else on purpose (member or another race's member.)

3. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I Really don't feel like taking the time to argue with you about this matter. Your "Suggestion" is Undeleted, but the minor comments made from you and anakin will stay deleted.

4. Atreides6262

Atreides6262 Bison Rider

I agree, our comments about bisons were useless. Anyway, I think that some kind of producing coal from wood might be a good idea. For example 1000 wood for 10 coal.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  5. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

So do i

6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What about a coal producing shop that uses migrant workers? It uses the same (or bigger) shop like that of the forge, and the migrants go and "dig" in front of the shop, but only for animation purposes. They don't really dig, and for every 10 minutes when the shop is active, it produces about 20 pieces or more coal, but in turn you have to put food and such into the shop (food for the migrants because nothing works for free :p )
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2014 ---
    Also I personally believe Noom should be a special admin character, where their spawn is the Dungeon, and the items you get when defeating Noom is bound to the character so it is a temporary fix to the Noom re-spawning question, thus each time you kill them, the items drop from their body. This way the script limits it to one admin on it at a time (and once that person dies or they switch classes, it allows another admin to go into it) and allows for a bit harder fight given it's not a scripted NPC fight anymore. It may be a bit of a stretch to script out but then you won't have to worry about resetting the map just to fight Noom again.

7. LazarusTheGreat

LazarusTheGreat Haxor Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That would be quite cool but they would be called slaves

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Makes me think, what if you could take other race's migrants during war, and convert them into slaves to work for your shops?

9. LazarusTheGreat

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Perfect :D

10. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Now that we have winter, I think it would be a good time to add an ability to place fireplaces. It costs some stones and, like 200 wood. You should be able to cook fish and meat near it and destroy it easily. It's not really needed, but it'd be great if it the fire could go out after a while, and you must add more wood, just like the blacksmith's workshop.
    It really adds more... Roleplaying, I guess? Especially if it's winter themed.

11. LazarusTheGreat

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So many amazing ideas..

12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I'd also like to sell 50 gold for 10 coins instead of having a huge pain in the ass trying to find excactly 250 gold.

13. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know what you guys think but maybe adding more wildlife which you could hunt. They could be animals such as coneys/hares, elk, birds etc, I don't know?

14. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Definitely.

15. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Arrow damage will be buffed in an upcoming patch, As for the position of all 4 races, That will be mixed up in my new map, i'm currently making.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I always wanted a sort of hidden race that you have to do a quest to get (or an admin switches you into it) that allows you to play AS an animal race. Bears, Bison, birds, fish, etc. Then when others hunt you, you'll know (war or whatever) and it won't be just a dumb AI fighting back but actual people.

17. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

First, let me just say I like your mod. You clearly put a lot of time and thought into this.

(Please forgive me if my suggestions have already been up for discussion.)

1) I wish there were more long-term goals. The only goals we really have are crafting the best possible armor and defeating Noom. Doing the first is a bit tedious and hard to do, as the deposits aren't equally distributed among the different races. I also think Noom is too easy to defeat, and the aftermath becomes rather bland.

2) I think researchable tech needs to be more useful and balanced. For knights, I think bomb bonuses makes more sense than shield gliding. For drills, resource penalty reduction would be way more useful than overheating time (would also cause less erosion). Some tech feels less significant than others. The best tech is obviously the smithing. I think all tech paths should be more or less equal, and maybe force a race to pick one or the other by making them incompatible with each other (tech tree/branch selection rather than individual tech).

3) Some territory markers and/or signposts would be useful. Alternatively, some built-in markers in the map for each race's default territory. The rules could/should also say something about territories.

4) The races seem a bit imbalanced - at least in the actual maps. Particularly the elves seem to have a lot more pros than the others; in addition to their wood bonus, they get both more and bigger trees. Dwarves don't seem to have more stone in their territory, and the orcs no more gold in their territory. Humans doesn't seem to get anything in particular either. The bonuses seems balanced, but not the actual resources available. As mentioned, the deposits doesn't seem to be as well balanced as they should either.

5) I miss some official rules on what's Free for all (FFA) and what's not (territory, chests, deposits, portals)

6) There are places that you don't even want your allies to go. I think we need private doors. (I know this has been suggested already)

That's what I can think of so far.

18. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1. While it may be nice to have more PvE and bosses, there's only so much I can actually fit in the game without making it an absolute lag fest (it pretty much is already). In v2.1 along with the second mage overhaul, the necromancer Noom will be rewritten to have various Spells; Sap (Steals 2 HP), Curse (Targets deal 30% less damage), Torment (Stuns targets), and Wrath (Large radius, steals 1 HP). Noom's staff will be added to his chest, and the bearer will have his powers. Noom will become more difficult and rewarding. Will that do? Perhaps. I mean, I feel it's good to give players a long-term goal, but in any game, once you reach it, the aftermath IS bland. Because you know that's it. Though, all of it it can involve Roleplay, which is what keeps it interesting, that's what my server is about.

2. I agree with having a resource penalty reduction for the Drill like the Saw currently has. I'll see what I can do when it comes to bonuses, but having more than 7 techs for each class is unlikely.

3. This is something I thought of, and may implement in the future.

4. I don't agree on Elves having more pros, wood is far weaker than stone, treehouses tend to be weak, and Elven territory has anything but stone. Though, some maps could use a little work. As for deposits, the thing is, on each map, there are designated "ore spawner" locations, Iron is the most common, Adamantite the least, sometimes they won't spawn at all. Some races may end up unlucky and have lesser deposits in their territory, though, across all maps the amount of ore deposits for each race is even.

6. Locks. Lockpicks. Soon™

19. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sounds nice. As for lag, would it help to for example replace one zombie portal with another task to complete? How about a guardian you have to give certain items to ? Or a puzzle of some sort (that isn't fully predictable)? I dunno, maybe there could be other things without a big performance cost. Maybe there could be some sort of leaderboard too (I don't think you actually get points for anything ATM?)

True, it's weaker, but the amount of wood is just nuts, and can easily be traded in. As for deposits, if they're randomly generated, I guess that's ok.

::P:

(What about hidden "shops" with special items, The Legend of Zelda style. Possibly just special chests)

Oh, btw.. I forgot another thing. When you vote on diplomacy, both sides' votes count. I mean, if I'm the only dwarf and the humans which have two players decides we should be allies, I have no say in the matter. That doesn't seem right. I think both sides need to have more votes for than against, and only then will the status change.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I could do something more interesting with the Dungeon entrance, and I'm looking into overhauling the dungeon in v2.1. This may be an opportunity to add a puzzle of some sort. As for the leaderboard, I'd consider making it so undead creatures would grant kills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.