1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Do you plan to introduce a Noom re-spawn function so that there's a cool down period once he is dead, and then he re-spawns like every 30 minutes upon his death?

2. LazarusTheGreat

LazarusTheGreat Haxor Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hmm a longer period of time say 60 or 50 minutes, Noom wood be spammed and every body would have Dragon and Armadyl :P

3. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

His suggestion never entailed there being a loot respawn however.

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It sort of is implied given the fact no one fights Noom just for the fun of it. The entire dungeon, and the zombie spawns should respawn every 30 minutes once Noom has been defeated. Loot as well. There's no need for there to be just 1 Dragon armor and then having to reset the map.

Also we need a map time limit. Like a max of 3 to 4 hours then the map resets.

5. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Interesting idea. Perhaps he could get tougher to beat each time, and that the re-spawned chest holds increasingly better items (not a shitload of the coolest stuff like now). The Dragon armor, for example, would require beating Noom several times. Thoughts?

Not sure how chests can be re-spawned though. I don't know how things work, but maybe there could be several treasure rooms that progressively unlocks.

6. Krabe

Krabe Horde Gibber

Wouldn't it be nice then Noom gets stronger everytime he respawns?
    So that he still can be a cellange, even whit Dragon armor.

7. zhuum

zhuum Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To reply to the noom respawn ideas:

I think it would be nice if noom could respawn, to give another good chance for some quest journey for layers to do. However, giving our more of same loot would be kind of bland, some things should stay "One of a kind" wonders.

---

Some other nitpicking idea to put out there: Currently steak from buffaloes seems to be still unused as any ingredient for food making in kitchen. Currently fish has been added for burger recepie, but maybe it would be better to give use for steak to be used in burger making, giving reason to really hunt down buffalos or create farm for them. Fish can be already cooked so using steak instead would be better alternative in my opinion.

8. Duke_Jordan

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If that's the fact i'm not a fan of either of those ideas
    1) No one would roleplay, they would all be after noom loot. One fight should be enough because of a revamp of him and loot coming in the new patch.
    2) That is an awful idea. The server restarts 12 hours as is, as well as next map votes. How would this help anything? :huh?:

9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It should be easily implied I had no idea it reset anyway, though every 12 hours is a stretch due to they have to wait so long for it to reset or pray that people will vote yes on your map vote.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 17, 2014 ---
    There's no other end game bosses other than him. Unless Aphe adds more dungeons around the map, I see no reason not to make Noom respawn. Plus the game already revolves around loot. Getting chests, etc. It won't revolve around Noom no more than it already does.

Not like everyone can fight and win against him anyway.

10. LazarusTheGreat

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wait then why would you go though that much effort to kill noom? For fun?

11. Duke_Jordan

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Alot of people actually fight him specifically for the Roleplay and for fun.

12. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Noom respawn: Maybe
    Loot respawn: NO

13. Pierre59

Pierre59 Shipwright

I have one serious question here :
    is the deposits of ore Instead of actual ore blocs that you have to actually dig
    like that because you can’t mod and add custom ore blocs
    or you can but you just want it to because you like it that way and not the other ?

so we can hope for actual ore blocs you have to mine and search one day ?

14. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not at all? I mean, loads of Dragon armors is not a good idea, but it could start out with something not that valuable, like food or potions maybe. Something that doesn't compete with regular research and material supply. Oh well...
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 17, 2014 ---
    I think a reason to go with deposits is that they regenerate. If they were blocks, we would see a lot more erosion to the map. It is one of KAG's "weaknesses", if you will, and doesn't fit that well with long-lasting game modes.

15. LazarusTheGreat

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I 1+ that idea

16. Cat_Scientist_Gnarrr

Cat_Scientist_Gnarrr Catapult Fodder

I'd really like Dirt Blocks since you can't replace them once they are digged, which is sorta sad when say someone digged around at the place you just wanted to build a farm on.
    People also could shape up landscape better without making a fortress out of it. I'd suggest that you can buy them at one of the shops for 1 coin = 5 Blocks.
    If there is a way to make those Dirt blocks grassy aswell, I'd suggest that too.

17. Casper56000DK

Casper56000DK Base Burner

I 1+ that idea

18. Krabe

Krabe Horde Gibber

I to 1+

19. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

While this was planned for v2.1, there is an issue. Dirt blocks do not collapse if not supported.

20. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Isn't it possible for Aphe to make his own dirt blocks? One that acts like dirt when breaking it, looks like dirt, but it's just a regular block? Pretty sure the current dirt block has that hardcoded in anyway.

Also I still think we need more than one way to obtain Dragon armor. Not have it respawn so there can be 10 people using it, but some way to obtain it, or at the very least different end game bosses on the map, each with a unique flying armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.