1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Suggestions

Discussion in 'Groups' started by bunnie, May 19, 2015.

1. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Drain Spell - for every hit point you get off of enemies you get back in health
    Poison Spell - you poison an enemy for (IDK how much HP knights have so lets say he has 10 hp) 9hp leaving 1hp left (he pretty much has no choice but to heal or die)
    Pierce Spell - normal orb that hurts you but goes through enemies and walls
    Invisibility Spell - makes you invisible
    Buff Spell - powerful shots and shoot faster and shots are stronger (all of these buffs are minor and costs a bit)
    Invulnerability Spell - you don't take damage
    Teleportation Spell - You teleport to your target
    Stun Spell - enemies cannot attack
    Quiet Spell - drains all MP
    Paralysis Spell - enemies cannot move
    Darkness Spell - enemies map is disabled
    Blind Spell - screen gets dark (you can barely see but you still can a little bit)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2015, Original Post Date: May 22, 2015 ---
    Robes/armors would be a great addition, if you need a spriter also I can help, I'm trying to improve my spriting so this could be good practice.

2. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

That strikes a chord with me as it seems to happen after I've done a few healing spells.

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Yo daskew, could you try hosting a server and trying to crash it with healign spells? I can make it happen after a few minutes on map RTDM/Community/kodysch_Upshoot with spawning trampolines, changing team, damaging shit and shooting healing spells everywhere, but it doesnt crash Chrispin's server.

4. daskew87

I tried to host wizard wars yesterday and I didn't know how to.

I added it to the mods folder. Changed mods.cfg. And tried the game mode as TDM and also the title of the mod, but to no avail it didn't load. I seemed to be stuck downloading skeletonspawn1.ogg or something when I attempted to enter my server.

:\

5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

1. Rename it to WizardWars_v9
    2. Add
    WizardWars_v9
    To the mods.cfg folder
    3. Set the gamemode as TDM
    4. Use the mapcycle provided
    5. Restart server
    6. Join it. Downloading OGG files may take a while

BTW let's move the conversation to Discussions, ok?

6. daskew87

I made this map today for the mod...

daskew87 - Trials

Daskew_Trials.png

Wormy can you host this?

I can make some more if you think we should have a bigger and more custom map base for the mod.

The map was made fairly quickly as a kind of experiment, but it is a solid piece of work and good.

7. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

It looks good. I'll add it next update. There's also a map I want to try to make, with the main theme being "collapse every fucking thing with meteors and fire bombs" lol

8. daskew87

Just banged out another.

A bit of a wild-card map to mix things up nicely.

daskew87 - Side Chances
    Daskew_SideChances.png

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

First and foremost, my first suggestion is a team spell source coupled with a team mana source. This is a thing that would allow the team to choose a spell that once used by one, either is gone until the next round, or has a very long cool off time which should be added, and if one person uses it, the source of mana it uses goes down for the entire team, but if you left click the team spell it also allows you to use up your own mana for it, but it's a much weaker version.

Those types of spells should be used on a more global scale. Example being if someone uses a time freeze spell, it freezes the entire enemy side for a limited amount, allowing your team to regroup, or get in some hits to those frozen. Another being the old meteor, where it allows the team to dominate the entire map for 1 time in battle and it uses up a lot of TEAM mana only, the only spell not able to be used with your own mana since you have your own version of it currently.

Other spells would include a thunder storm, a lightning storm, and one for both. Thunder causes random bursts of noise to come out and stun every now and again, the enemy side, while lightning strikes give off a bit of light to indicate where they will hit, allowing you to move out of the way. and when they hit, it's instant giBBQ dinner plates. The one with both costs a lot of mana and a longer cool down time, but allows for both to happen at once.

Also we really need buff spells to increase things like spell charge speed, movement speed, defense, and debuffs on the enemy for the same thing. Lastly, it can fall under the zombie types of spells but it transforms you into the zombie with super increased move speed, strength, defense, etc, but because of how powerful it is, it costs a lot of mana from the TEAM, and will instantly destroy all your current zombies on the battlefield to make up for how powerful this thing is. Most likely also increasing your attack range and sprite size for about 10 seconds or less before you are turned back into normal. Also sort of implementing the animorph mod for a sort of debuff on the enemy that allows you to turn the enemy into things like chickens that cannot be controlled by the enemy for a short time. Adding the timer to it because some may just turn them into a chicken and not fight them. it would add a bit of a fun factor into transformation spells. You choose what to turn them into. Like a tree, a boulder, chicken, bison, shark, etc, and turning them into items would allow you to use that item against their own team, like the boulder.

I will come up with more later, @Chrispin
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2015, Original Post Date: May 23, 2015 ---
    Last thing. A spell restrictions spell, and a spell restricted map, forcing people to use only certain spells during battle, coupled with a spell that takes off spell restrict for a short time for your entire team (unless it was manually done by a player onto another, which then it cures it instantly) and a mana increase spell that increases your mana without using mana. instead it hurts half a heart or more for half your mana back but has a cool down, with a LAST RESORT spell that you can only use once, which fully heals your mana, and your HP, while giving back a few mana points, like 3 to 5, back to the team mana source. It allows your entire team to only do this individual spell once per person. If done right at proper times, it can work in your team's favor by eventually giving back a good portion of team mana.

10. I say we have a achievemant form spell, once the player get's 3 or more kills, they can use 100 mana to turn into a Boss Character, who has a melee weapon and huge magic damage resistance buff but slowness and can just run around maletting people in the face, any takers?

11. daskew87

DAILY GREG REPORT

They are so badass, but too many.

It's crazy out there man!

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

@Chrispin you need to try to get your own RP server up.

13. Chrispin

I would prefer not to go into the realm of radish picking tyvm. Once you go down that hole you aint coming back. Next thing you know you'll be spending days on just trying to simulate seasons and meteorological weather patterns. After that the people will demand a million anti griefing features because they prefer to build pretty homes instead of play the game. Just no.

Your other suggestions are mostly good ideas that I had planned already. I will probably add a lot of debuff spells soon that'll work like the healing spell except follow enemies. Counter spell will get rid of any debuffs you have. With the shit ton of spells we have, a menu redesign is in order as well as maybe some commands to rebind your keys to spells. The team-shared mana is an interesting idea for spells that could effect the entire map, like flood, drought, earthquake, ect. I would just want to come up with another name for it besides "team mana".

My immediate plans are to make all deaths reversible (but increases cost of reviving), add mana obelisks, add mana dropping from dead wizards, maybe add missiles of magic, maybe add slowing debuff.

14. daskew87

!!!Another map

daskew87 - Punchy Powers

Daskew_PunchyPowers.png

Just some experimenting as we know the wizards can teleport.

This will be the last map I make for now till things become clearer for wizard wars.

15. ManaWell or the ManaDrink would work
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2015 ---
    OH ALSO, i do a little bit of pixel art here and there would you mind if i made a banner for wizard wars? Kinda lame having a questionmark dont ya think?

16. Chrispin

Fuck no, have a crack at it and I'll probably use it lol.

I'm thinking like Chakra or something but not with that Asian feel
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2015, Original Post Date: May 24, 2015 ---
    Thanks, I'll add this one too. Eventally I will need some mapping guidelines with the introduction of mana obelisks and some really destructive spells.

17. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Mana Pool is the easiest thing to come up with. Also take inspiration from Diablo and have those mana fountain that are placed randomly around maps. In the same sense of a zombie portal.

An idea I have is that each team will have 1 main fountain for their team mana pool, then little ones and potions, etc for individual mana. You must protect your team's fountain in order to regain mana for the team back unless you use a spell that helps regen it back once.

The fountain for the main mana pool for the team, allows for constant regen of the main team source, and manually going and using the main fountain instantly lets you fully refill your team's mana every few seconds. Like 5 seconds. Destroy the enemies source for mana and you can turn the tide of the battle. This should also go with your player's mana source, that is tied into the team's source. But instead of it not refilling by itself once destroyed, the player's source refills at a slower rate and makes your spells weaker, slower to charge, at a higher cost of mana. A draw back to just blindly attacking shit, and not protecting the fountain.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2015, Original Post Date: May 24, 2015 ---
    Mana pool is the name of the team mana source for my idea, unless you call it "Source" or "The Source".

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  18. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Post your maps in the Maps thread.

19. daskew87

My thoughts on the new REVIVE

After playing about 25 rounds today, I think revive is cool, but seems a bit OP - teams are frequently going from 1 player back to a full team.

20. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

FOR FUCKS SAKE REMOVE THE GREGS OR I WILL GO MAD