1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Important Suggestions

Discussion in 'Groups' started by bunnie, May 19, 2015.

1. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

@king-george

Very good job with the character sprites! Definitely looks like a ZWizard lol. Although this would be an odd spell for the wizard class, I love the idea. I can give it to the wizard temporarily until we have necromancers (which could use this spell as an alternative to heal/revive?). As a slight tweak, maybe I could add an alternate fire that allows you to res teammates as these super-strong zombies.

No shielding sounds reasonable, but one thing is that these guys will need to compete with ranged attacks and teleports. They need a LOT of mobility. Maybe right click can allow you to charge up a long-leap or something

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Another alternative to heal and revive is cursing your allies with zombie so when they die their body explodes and they are turned into a zombie they play as until they die or get revived normally. Healing when a zombie hurts you instead.

3. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Good idea's both. Right, so I guess I will continue the sprites.

And yeah, I was thinking it should be a Necromancer spell.

4. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Was playing on your server yesterday and caught myself thinking: how about to make different classes, as example, dd|tank|support mages - this will make play more comfortable (12 spells too much, for such fast gameplay) + (maybe main), there will be more teamplay.

5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Yeah we're thinking about it. We was talking on chrispin about supporting class (healing, reviving, barrier, etc) and other classes.

6. Chrispin

You won't find classes that are dedicated to being support, because:
    1.) they would be useless by themselves
    2.) they would inherently be overpowered in large groups

They can be better at supporting, but every class should be able to fight in some way.

I agree though, the amount of spells we have just for the wizard right now is borderline too much. I just need to add a few map-altering spells (for digging and building), and maybe invisibility and I swear I'm done haha.

Still worried about that server "crashing" bug going around @wormy. Any information you know about that would be great, because I'm wondering if it's due to the latest WW update. It's also slowing down progress to say the least.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

blame Geti, it's his fault
    And you can blame JRGP for the host. I'm changing to a new vps in a month tho, 6 servers for 22 dollars :-D (this probably means 2 WW servers, 2 fun ctf, 2 different gamemodes like tdm/tth, whatever)

8. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Heya, I got back into playing in the last few days and I have to say I love the quick-key thing. It makes it very easy to locate the exact spells you need and after a bit of learning I really like it.

SUGGESTION: Nerf the zombies.

WHY?

Quite often it's not a problem because most people don't tend to spam them. But when someone does, the enemy team basically has to try to ignore them, as killing them takes a very long time (something like 7 shots from the normal blaster to kill just one and make sure it doesn't rise up) THIS IS INSANE!!! WTF!!! lol

I wouldn't mind if you hit them twice to make them fall down, and then once more to finish the corpse off. But at the moment you have to spend a minute killing 3 zombies.

Extra non-essential commentary
    Also if the zombies are in bigger groups (+6) it can take MUCH MUCH longer and also somewhat impossible as we know after you knock one down another couple of live ones will stand infront of it and then by the time you've knocked them down, the first one has risen again etc - if the enemy team spends just a little time spamming say 10 zombies in a particular area, there is no chance of anyone clearing it up, because the numbers are way too much.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  9. LordCthulhu

LordCthulhu Catapult Fodder
    1. Wizard Wars

Hey, this is GreatestKracken from the server. I won't go into all I said here right now, just wanted to remind Chrispin of what I said.

10. Chrispin

The beauty of counter spell killing zombies now is that the more there are in a single group, the easier they are to clear, haha. I think the zombies are pretty balanced now actually. I would say they are almost too easy to take out, but good for dealing small amounts of practically unavoidable damage. They can also force an enemy to move or use a bunch of mana.