1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestios about forums

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Oct 20, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Do you have any suggestions related to the forums? You've been using it for some time already so you should have some opinions.

For sure the skin is not perfect as it doesn't have the see all unread messages. It only can be done per section or by editing the link.

2. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Quick reply always opened.
    Permission to see who's reading the topic...

3. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

- ^
    - add unread topics to the top : similar to soldatforums.com
    - replace or align the banner : here is something good
    - change the color of the icons for "no new posts" & "new posts" slightly : It's not that easy to see the difference here

Apart from that I'm quite happy about everything.

4. Furai

I've changed some options and icons. should be better now. Gonna try to add this unread section.

5. Furai

Unread section added. Tell me if something breaks.

EDIT: Might need to force refresh your browsers.

6. darDar

Thanks a lot Furai,
    The new icons are just amazing and all the other changes.

For some reason the banner is not aligned correctly while the image size was actually designed to fit 1:1.

7. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Nice job Furai!

Enable the option to back to the topic after posting...

8. Furai

The logo was too big and I had to resize it. It was taking half of the screen there. I don't understand what do you mean by not aligned.

I've noticed one issue with these new icons though - they are fairly big in size. Could be a problem for people on limited net. It's not like they are huge, 8KB isn't much these days but they are still 3-4 times bigger than the originals.

That going back to the topic after posting should be there by default. You can for sure change these options in your forum profile. It was the same for quick reply. It's just a preference in your profile settings. I had to reset the permissions for all forum users.

//EDIT: Anyway, I've changed it to show the topic by default.

9. darDar

[​IMG]
    The banner should cover the whole area here if you ask me.

10. Furai

Previous one didn't, and this one when it does cover this whole area, then it covers more than a half of the screen. Not going to happen. Unless someone will make different logo which is long but thin.
    Making it centred wouldn't really work as well.

11. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

When I find storm2d project folder where I have all files I upload wider images that should fit better

EDIT:

[​IMG]

And beside I think you should change blue color to a bit darker, just a little bit, its look better:
    [​IMG]

12. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

To do that a fixed width is needed.

13. Furai

I'm not going to do it anyway. Depends on peoples resolution too much. The current one is fine imo.

14. Akinaro

Akinaro Guest

As far as I know most of today screen have width set between 1280 and 1920,so why not use bigger image(with reduced size) and it would be just scaled down if user have lower resolution(or higher)

Because its really would look better with wider banner and darker color(especially color because this light blue really doesnt fit to Storm2D its too "candy")

When I first logged to this forum I though that its just temporary colors and now when I logged again after few months its still the same.

Or alternatively: there are two green to choose now in color pick on top of site. It would be possible to change one of those green to darker blue like here?
    [​IMG]

15. Furai

I'm sorry but I'm bored to do any changes to this forums. Especially that they will be "soon" incorporated into thd forums which will use XenForo.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97