1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Hawxx, Jul 31, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Guys, I'm fucking disgusted that this hasn't been made, Smash Bros. is the bane of my existence. Anyway this is just a big discussion thread for all Smash Bros. games such as 64, 1v1 no items final destination fox only (Melee), Brawl, Project M (Brawl mod aimed to re-create Melee physics etc) and Smash 4. Casual and Competitive discussion welcome, don't be a tourneyfag/meleefag and don't be a casual elitists because no one likes those.

What are your thoughts on Lucina being a clone and what do you guys think of custom movesets to be allowed for competitive play?

I don't mind Lucina being a clone since she was originally a alternate costume for Marth and just gives us more characters and more characters is always nice. Personally I think that custom movesets for competitive Smash 4 would be great, I mean think of it, it would be like when facing a new found custom moveset for Kirby which is considered the best and then you just come along with say Marth and made a new moveset and rek Kirby because your moveset is made to counter that Kirby moveset but then Kirby could change his moveset to counter your moveset, it just makes the meta game so more strategic, I'm totally up for it in other words.

Joiken likes this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Captain Falcon is sticking around for Smash 4. My life is complete.

Oh, and as far as the clones? I don't like them at all. If they're going to basically reskin the character they might as well just let you choose the same character and change the skin from there. I want each character to have their own identity, and if a character can be explained as "he/she is exactly like [insert name here] but heavier" then it's not even worth adding them at all.

Apronymous and Hawxx like this.
  3. most of the smash talk has been fighting games general

i guess i wont merge the threads if this gets enough activity

4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Nothing better than rekking kids with a nicely placed shine.

Could you imagine if the game was revived and somehow you could host servers on your Gamecube? That would honestly be the only game I'd ever play.

Hawxx likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think Marth is one of the best candidates for cloning since he's played so much. The only problem is that Marth already looks like a girl, so picking Lucina is not even really a change.

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Super Smash Bros. Melee HD for Wii U with Online Play!
    If that would happen I think Smash 4 would be forgotten.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2014 ---
    Lucina is suppose to be a 'beginner' version of Marth without tipping, the way I think they will be different is since Marth has been changed to focus more on the ground game and has became weaker in the air maybe Lucina will be the opposite, in other words Lucina would be Melee Marth without tipping.

7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Another great thing about Melee was if you had an action replay or any of those other cheat engines you could go into debug mode and play as Giga Bowser on the sandbag map. Just pure fuckery, but so much fun as a kid.

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

When I was younger I always played Items high, Pokeballs only, Pokefloats ( and sometimes only Pokemon as well) That shit was fun as heck.

Anonymuse likes this.
  9. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

i fucking stomp with fox on melee, 1v1 me m8
    edit: HOLY SHIT 4 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN ONE GAME HHHHNGGGG

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Hawxx likes this.
  10. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

Favorite characters:

Snake and Wolf ftw :D

11. Reincarnation

Reincarnation Shark Slayer

Is Pitt gonna gonna be in Smash Bros 4.?

12. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

13. Reincarnation

lol, thanks haven't beeen following this game much considering i dont have a 3DS, but i loved pitt in brawl. i got so good with him that i actually won a couple tournaments in my town :p

14. feet

feet Bison Rider

I hated Pit in Brawl just because of his damn recovery move. My friend would choose him every time we versed and matches were comprised of mostly this:
    [​IMG]
    I raged. A lot.

15. Reincarnation

Precisely why i chose him and his deflecting spin. The rage was so real when i played. I played at this summer camp and i was banned from playing with specific ppl cause they would rage 2 hard and the ppl working there were getting annoyed :p

Hawxx likes this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Have you guys seen the leak that had Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog on the char select screen with a few unconfirmed veterans? People said it would be fake but oh boy we were wrong, so wrong, the guy uploaded 5 videos with gameplay for Shulk and Bowser Jr. The videos have been took down by Nintendo but there are mirrors all over YouTube. Apparently it was a NoA employee and he got fired though that is a rumor, looks like Game & Watch, Ganondorf (still falcondorf) , Wario, ROB, Falco, Shulk, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog confirmed! ( Ness and Jigglypuff as well! ) He said that those weren't all characters so there's a chance for Ridley etc

17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'm getting really excited for the game, of course I won't be able to play it at all but it will be fun to watch in streams!

Hawxx likes this.
  18. Reincarnation

I've gotta a couple freinds with 3DS' so im getting pretty phsyced for the game release

19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Shulk has been confirmed! ( guess the leak is real then ) and there's a new 3DS called "New 3DS" which has a mini c-stick, better 3d, better layout, more triggers and more CPU. It's also faster to download stuff and because of it's CPU it gets Xenoblade Chronicles, though only on the "New 3DS" :(
    There's also a "New 3DS XL" and it's Japan only so far.

Reincarnation and Anonymuse like this.
  20. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The meta with Shulk looks like it's going to be crazy. Very excited.

Hawxx likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi