1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Suspected of using hacks

Discussion in 'Help' started by icemusher, May 7, 2017.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. upload_2017-5-6_19-52-23.png
    I receive this whenever I try to to play KAG, this has been going on for months. I would get into a server for 30 seconds at best, then be kicked for this. I never lag before it happens, and my ping is stable. This occurs on both Steam and the one installed from the website. How can I fix this? I don't know much about the more technical stuff of the game, so if you would like to see logs and things like that, please ask.

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

press windows key + r and then type dxdiag. then take a screenshot of the window. something like this:
    [​IMG]
    you can just use printscreen or you can use the snipping tool to get the screenshot.

3. What pops up first
    upload_2017-5-6_23-29-41.png
    Then after I press yes. No info like what is in your picture is displayed.
    upload_2017-5-6_23-33-6.png

4. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

what happens if you press no ? :D

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Weird. Try hitting "Run 64-bit DxDiag"?
    If it still doesn't work it's unlikely it's still related to the problem though, I don't think KAG depends on DirectX at all.

6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

although kag does not depend on directx, it is a common framework installed on most computers that give aan easy way to display the most important specs.

anyway, why dont you do windows key + r and type msinfo32 then screenshot that window

icemusher likes this.
  7. upload_2017-5-7_18-19-54.png Sorry for the late reply, but here.

Attached Files:

makmoud98 likes this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This happens when your game is reliably running the game at faster than 30 fps. It can cause a false positive if your computer's timing is returning non-standard values, ie with some methods of overclocking or underclocking and with bad drivers.

We use the operating-system provided timing values and count frames over multiple seconds, so the only thing that can be going wrong is that the values returned from your system's "time" function are wrong, or your game is running over-speed (ie speedhacking).

Since you're not using and AMD CPU that likely isn't the problem, but you might want to try disabling any "power management" on the CPU while playing KAG, as that can change the CPU timing and might (but shouldn't really) throw off the timing values. Easiest way to do that is setting "high performance" mode in power settings on windows. I think someone else had a similar issue. Worth trying.

9. Yeah, I seemed to last longer in the server this time, a solid minute, but I still ended up getting kicked. Is there anything else?

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you've got anything else that might be playing with timing or the CPU clock, stop using it when you're playing KAG.

You shouldn't be having any problems running KAG with that hardware, so I'd say it's some other program. If you're worried about your KAG install having some strange setting (though there are none that I know could influence the anticheat) you can always wipe it and reinstall from the site.

I'd love to know if this is a laptop or desktop that we're talking about, seems like a laptop from googling the model name? The former tend to have a lot of "power management" stuff going on, the latter tends to be more likely overclocked and have funny stuff going on with the graphics drivers. While I've never had any trouble with the KAG anticheat using either personally, there have been players affected before.

If there's any "performance" stuff from the manufacturer, try temporarily disabling it. Anything like "power boost" or "overdrive" or "battery saver" or whatever can do dynamic things with the core clock which might let you sneak in extra frames.

icemusher likes this.
  11. Ah, thanks, I think I found the culprit! Around the time it stopped working, I downloaded Adobe Premier Pro. I uninstalled that and it worked fine. I don't know how it could have influenced the game, but KAG works now. Thanks for the help!

Geti likes this.
  12. Geti

Great, glad to hear it - no idea how that'd be causing timing problems but happy to have it resolved.

icemusher likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey