1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TDM] The great collapse

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Knighthart, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

The Great Collapse!

I liked the map totally collapsing on the RTD server, so I tried doing something alike.
    It took some time to get the wanted effect, but it worked out in the end.(at least in the editor)
    The borders can be climed to reach the top bedrock platform again; it's pretty much the only thing that doesn't get destroyed and can be used to let the remainders fight it out.

Untitled.png
    The great collapse V3.png

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Glad you liked my map :D

This seems quite interesting, but I can't comment much on the gameplay yet because I haven't tested it, but few a things I can say:
    - Make up a name for the map, it will help identifying it in the future (if it's ''The Great Collapse'', put it into the op too)
    - Place some trees there, archers can't collect new arrows
    - Does the other side have climbing gaps too, or do they just fade out? If not, please add some, because it creates a small balance issue.
    - Looks are not SO important, but I'd remove the eyes-like floating dirt background spots, and replace the gold pile thingy with dirt.

This is looking decent, waiting for testing it :)
    @lol at the monster in the bottom btw

3. Knighthart

Alright, thanks for the feedback, I made a V2.
    The great collapse.png

And the blocks on the right side were faded out, yeah.
    Also, you can't really see it before it's done breaking down, but there is a reason for the eyes there;)

4. Monsteri

oooh I tried to collapse it, I saw it now!
    Small thing: You can't hop the whole map up, because there are few stone blocks stopping you. I dunno if it's intentional, only mentioning it because you can't change class.

5. Knighthart

Really?
    Hmm, maybe it depends on from where you make it collapse...
    Where exactly was it?

6. Monsteri

7. Knighthart

Right.
    You can break the tiles next to the tree down there, then hide from the collapse under the bedrock beneath your location and then climb up.

8. Monsteri

I know, but you could be an archer, and breaking the thing could cause a lot of teamkills.

9. Knighthart

Alright, you convinced me.
    The great collapse V3.png

Monsteri likes this.
  10. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

The spawn seems buggy ? I don't particularly like the idea of both teams spawning at the same spot; but also occasionally people get stuck at the spawnpoint floating at the top of the map.

11. Knighthart

I was absent last week, I'll look into it in the next days.

12. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I love the idea of collapse maps. It would be great if you could make moar! :D

13. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Has anyone thought of a collapse jump map which involves running right through an obstacle course when it is collapsing from left to right?

14. Monsteri

Sure many people have, but it is not possible atm. You can't trigger them to collapse, someone has to do that.