1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ten Do’s and Don’ts of KAG

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by killatron46, Feb 20, 2012.

1. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

No breaking rules!:D

2. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

[​IMG]

1. Don't do that

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

do not do glitches, such as shooting through walls and squeezing
    do snip post

4. Fozzbael

Fozzbael Shipwright

Its fun to light a bomb and see a bunch enemy knights chasing me suddenly turn around and run like i am the grim reaper.

Especialy since the only thing i can do with a bomb is blow myself up.

AL3X_j_M, feet, killatron46 and 6 others like this.
  5. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

ass knight never slashfrom higher than 6 blocks it will stun you giving the enemy a opertunety to hit you/ kill

6. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I noticed most of the tips revolved around a Knight playstyle, not really leaning towards Archer or Builder. So, some tips for playing Archer, the class I do best.

1. DO synchronize your arrows with other archers. Firing at about the same time can not only break a Knight's shield, but the next arrow will also hit him while he's stunned.
    2. DON'T waste too much time attacking other archers. Attacking a Knight on the battlefield below is far more useful than attacking an archer, though taking out the archers that are attacking your Knights is also just as important.
    3. DO stay far enough back that you can dodge any bombs thrown your way. Running when you hear that hissing sound is a good idea.
    4. DON'T stay and fight when you're at anything-but full health. If you're hit just a little, a fully-charged arrow will one-shot you.
    5. DO try to stay under cover. Cover is where you can't be hit, you should only get out of cover when your arrow is charged and ready to fire.
    6. DON'T mindlessly stay in trees. Staying hidden in trees is fine, but as soon as your cover is blown, you wanna get to cover (or dodge arrows like a boss). If a Knight that sees you is coming.. you can expect a bomb to the face. Those things one-shot, too...

Also, try not to miss. Practice with aiming, knowing where to put your mouse for what distance and location. You'll start being mistaken for a hacker in no time. :D

ParaLogia and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I like all the new tips. ^_^

My favorite! :p

8. I prefer to have Archers at highest priority if the archers and knights are equidistant. Archers pose a more immediate threat, where knights have to make up the ground first.

9. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Yeah, but I notice that normally those archers are busy targeting you to pose any real threat to the rest of the team. Dodge that archer's arrows, and you can just go for the knights freely.

ParaLogia likes this.
  10. Heehee. All it takes is a slip or a bit of lag and you're injured. I favour prevention over cure. :D

11. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

Thanks for this. I will spend some more time in solo mode before making a buffoon out of myself in multiplayer.

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Disagree with #7. It's much easier to fire arrows while you're wall climbing. You don't have to fire fully charged arrows into walls for them to stick, and if it's a tall tower, you're more likely to shoot an arrow at an angle that is unclimbable when shooting from afar.

If you mean short walls, yeah, I agree with that, but towers... not so much.

13. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

When I was first making the list, I had about 15 ideas for each do and don't, so I short-handed them down to 10, 7 is an example of where I combined: Shooting at walls before you climb them and charging arrows while moving.

With arrow draw time on default is difficult to climb around overhangs, back when you could machine gun yourself a ladder up anything well... That was different. Some servers still use old draw time too so yeah you can climb, but its waaay easier (at least for me) to shoot the wall I want to climb before I get to it.

delankski likes this.
  14. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I Agree with your idea,
    Firing arrows or making arrow ladder on a wall makes me climb more fast, and prepared.
    While you're moving you can prepare an arrow ladder on a wall or just fire arrows to the wall until it's complete.
    Prepared arrow ladder can help archers escaping from knights charging to them. :3

Anyways,

WORLD PEACE. I'M JUST AGREEING WITH KILLATRON'S IDEA :D BLAME HIM IF YOU'RE ANGRY lol :p

15. Ricochet64

Ricochet64 Catapult Fodder

Don't trust the heretic.

CheeseMeister likes this.
  16. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

1. When people bitch about archers, shoot them harder.

Cirom likes this.
  17. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

How can you shoot harder than a full charged arrow?

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

With two fully charged arrows. It's like double slash, but for bows. ;)

19. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

But you can't fire them in rapid succestion.

20. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

True true we should though