1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

I have her clothes :3 ppl are jealous. You can buy them from Arms Dealer during halloween

2. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, seems that they have their own "blood moon" ::P:
    Terraria`s makers have really good sense of humour.

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I accidentally summoned the wall of flesh and entered hardmode. Too bad I couldn't accidentally kill the twins when they raped me last night.

4. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

The twins are really hard, so you couldn`t defeat them without good equipment. No pre-hardmode weapons and armor can help you with it so you just have to play a little longer on hardmode and get something better.

Oh and skeletron prime is not so hard, you just need a granade launcher ;)

5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I defeated Skeletron Prime with the Vampire Knives, before you needed Boss Souls to create the key, 3.5 hours of farming in the crimson (actually active, not with an automated machine) was totally worth it, those things were so OP, killed Plantera standing still 25252525

6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I had spider armor and a spider staff, plus that voodoo doll thing dropped from the goblin summoner. Also had an Amarok with a yoyo bag, and all my gear was warding, including a cobalt shield.
    Also had a slime mount, which helped me dodge until the last phase when it became impossible.

Now I have frost armor, harpy wings, a golden shower, and a meteor staff, but instead I got raped by the destroyer.

7. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Piercing weapons, seriously, just make the Magical Harp with the Souls of Sight you just got, you can kill it in seconds.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Cool, I was torn between making an optic staff and a magic harp, guess I'll do the latter.

9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Don't you need to kill skeletron prime and the other two mechanical bosses first in order to be able to get both the grenade launcher and the vampire knives?

If you want to kill the destroyer really ez just kill hallowed mimics and make holy arrows, you'll see what I mean

15 souls of light make a key of light, put that key in a chest with nothing else in it and the chest will become a hallowed mimic. The hallowed mimic on its own might as well be a boss though, don't expect an easy kill! You can also just look around in the underground hallow for mimics. A lifeform analyzer sold by travelling merchants will help you find mimics.

10. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Before the update, killing any enemy in the biome it self had a chance to drop the key for the chest.

i mean like, 2 versions ago.

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

so I have a paladin's hammer, a golem fist, death sickle, possessed hatchets, a seedler, and a terra blade. I like the ridiculous speed and knockback of the paladin hammer, I like the range and power of the fist, I like auto swinging death sickles through walls, I like infinite carpet bombing with the seedler, but I know the terra blade is technically the "best" sword (aside from some pumpkin moon event drop, or something). I've tested with a DPS meter and a single target dummy, but that doesn't quite do them justice.

Also, which minions are better, twins or pygmies?

12. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i like Deadly Spheres as minions, and the Meowmere is the new best sword i think.
    with all the solar fragments you can summon the Solar Eclipse event, remember to use the Solar Tablet at the start of the day.

13. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

farming mimics early on is so overpowered
    i made a honey area which slows down the mimics a shitload and farmed them
    flying knife is next level overpowered

14. Potatobird

The keys are what's op. They make it way easy to fight them on your own terms. Before I knew about the keys I would hunt through the caves for the mimics and in there they can really fuck you up if you're early into hardmode. It's way easier if you have more room to move around. In the caves though? Terrifying.

The drops are really neat tho

The thing about the terra blade is it takes a lot of specific effort to craft it but then once you finally get it there's a sword that just drops from an event boss (not pumpkin/frost moon) that's almost exactly like the terra blade but better.

I'd say the twins are probably better in general, I think the pygmies have to be standing somewhere with line of sight to an enemy to get them but the twins can hit people a lot more easily. In some situations the pygmies probably do more damage. Also you get two minions for the price of one, the eyeball swarm is so cool

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  15. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

the twins are definitely better, last time i checked they had infinite range so anything they can see they can attack

16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I've totally given up farming for biome keys, but I can't give up on the Nazar. It's literally the last piece I need for the Ankh shield. Is it worth making a pre-hardmode world so the skulls spawn more often?

17. Potatobird

For biome keys, you can afk farm them with pretty easy setup. I just locked myself in a box and spawned a bunch of minions, then afked. (This was for the corruption key, idk if it would work in every other biome) You can host a multiplayer server then not invite anyone and the game will keep running if you alt tab. You might need to check on the game every once in a while to make sure there's no way for enemies to get stuck out of reach and take up all the spawn slots.

Other than that, actively killing things for keys is definitely never worth it. The items aren't even relatively strong anymore. If you have your base in a key biome then over time as you just do your thing you're bound to get one of those keys without even looking.

As for the nazar I'd guess the hardmode skull drops it more often, but I haven't checked the wiki on that.

18. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Any enemy on the biome has a small chance to drop the key, just make a Meteorite artificial biome in the biome you want, get yourself in a cage, and put some traps or minions, only meteor heads will spawn and they will get killed easily, i got the keys that way.

19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

that was patched out. Meteor heads don't drop keys anymore.

20. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actually, every game is a ripoff from Tetris

Mods: BlueLuigi