1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Guess i wont try it out then lol

2. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

A friend gave me Terraria and it won't work :(

Zuboki likes this.
  3. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Havent touched the new version yet, but i plan to get time to do so... (Skyrim, why do i love/hate you so!?)

Challenge accepted!

Baron_Norab likes this.
  4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I wouldn't say Terraria is so much of a grinding game. Getting new gear is actually fun, as you can just obtain it through exploration. But, that said, the progress curve is all messed up. Past a certain point you become extremely powerful, and then obtaining more power is just far too easy. What I'm saying is that it's much too easy to become a wargod in this game.​

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Show me the way to do that and I'll agree with you, I've never been able to solo bosses because they just annoy me because of the grinding needed to beat bosses beforehand.

6. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I confess, I found all the previous bosses too easy. Heck, I've beaten the Skeletron with a wooden boomerang!

7. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Skeletron is fine and dandy, he has what, 5k HP or something? The Wall of Flesh has 80k. Now that is a grind.

To each his own though, I "beat" it back when it came out and I have no drive to go through it again unless they change/add something really big.

8. Wonkyth

I wish they'd hurry up with the modding support.
    I wanna make me some night-vision goggles!

Baron_Norab likes this.
  9. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

I wish they would, it would give the game a lot more replayability knowing that you could always find new content.

10. Wonkyth

What's this?
    You don't play games with modding support, you mod them!

11. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Wall of Flesh only has 8k HP, plus his little minions, the Destroyer of Worlds has 80k hp, hes one of the new elite bosses, but his segmented body makes him easy to damage, so hes the easiest boss. Skeletron Prime is the grind boss, hes got 30,000 hp but his 4 limbs have a combined 33k hp, you only need to kill his head but the limbs get in the way. I lost my old terraira saved games but was happy to start over for 1.1, dropped skyrim for it immediately, and the new stuff was quite challenging, only a few disapointments so far. If anyone needs help in their Terraira world, im on the KAG steam group.

12. DarkDain

They added wiring and plumbing, which is a fun building/trap mechanic. Alot of collectable items, new sets of armor that LOOK cool but are somewhat repetitive. 3 new NPC's but they are easy to get. The hard mode doesnt start until you lava bathe the voodoo guide doll. game actually gets hard

13. Wonkyth

What happens when you do that?

14. DarkDain

All the new monsters come out, strong ones, in full Molten armor they'll hit you for 50's and higher. Alot of monsters have debuffs on attack, and the Hollow starts to spread. Its like the 'light' to corruptions 'dark', but the monsters still fight you. Your given the ability to start smashing Altars, and these bless the world with the new ore types. The random props on gear is pretty nice, but really good props seem common. The ability to combine trinkets into new ones is AWESOME. The three new armor sets are Cobalt, Mithril, and Adamantine, in that order. The cool bit is that the boots and chest are universal, but the helmet is unique, either melee, ranged, or magic, to help you focus on your preference.

I havnt toyed with plumbing at all yet, but i imagine lava based defenses can be turned on or off with a switch. I spent over an hour carving out a secret room rigged to explode in an epic fashion if anyone goes in there, had to pay careful attention while wiring it *screenshot*

Attached Files:

15. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Of all the old bosses, I have beaten everyone except for the king slime, damn thing wont appear even when im far away from my keep!

80k hp on the wall of flesh? My god that will be a tough one....

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

you killed all those bosses on your own? :eek:
    if so,kudos.

17. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Yeah I love the new update, I actually had to call for help to finally kill the twins, and will full gear still die solo, but I'm working on an area just to fight them, full of boulders and heart statues, and I hope I can finally kill them, even skeletron prime was easier alone.

18. DarkDain

Yeah i just put down a couple heart and mana statues with a 5 second timer on them to make it a little easier, waste less pots. Havnt seen anyone else do it :o I actually tried setting a 10 tnt keg trap for the eye, but the damage doesnt stack and it only did 250 or something pathetic ><

19. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

It's terrible, even with my arena of death, I still need another person, if only to distract while I get healed, and then there is the hour of resetting my ammo, I've seriously considered cheating just to save time.

20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I would offer my noobish services but, well I'm noobish :D

Mods: BlueLuigi