1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

What useful items.The mining helm is useless get a pixie.

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

It depends on the item! The lower the quality, the cheaper to reforge it !

3. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

tip for money farming:
    farm the EOC and sell the demonite.
    +- 40 silver bullets with a clockwork will kill him.

4. DarkDain

Arena is coming along nicely, not entirely what i planned in the beginning, turning into a team themed objective based area than a FFA trap dungeon. Help would still be nice for detailing and landscaping ! Materials are welcome !

Attached Files:

5. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I would love to, but Terraria won't work ;_;

6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Me and my friends tried to take on the twins....

and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHY DOES THE EYES BREATHE FIRE!!!

7. DarkDain

Take on the Destroyer first! Then Skeletron, THEN the twins!

8. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Honestly, this game gets to boring at the rate of how much content they out into it. When a new update releases, it takes me 1-2 days to do everything there is to do. I got my moneys worth, but the longevity of this game is crap.

9. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Eh? So the more content they add, the less you have to do? :S

Valkyrie likes this.
  10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Mason if that was true I'd be finished by now but, nope. Not me.

11. Hourai

Hourai Shipwright

For some reason I hate Terraria. KAG has something that game lacks... idk, maybe KAG is more teamwork-oriented than Terraria, or just more skill based (at least before the build 200, not with the damn clash thing for knights).

I also dislike the graphics, how short it is, and many things... just my opinion.

12. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well, I started real early in the game's life. They can only put in so much! Every game gets boring, but tis was a little to fast for my taste.

13. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Safes and piggy banks, thats what useful items.

14. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Hmm yes that is true but i dont play multi much.Those huge public servers are just a bunch of people spaming dynamite.

15. DarkDain

Terraira will have full steam features in future updates, including dedicated pvp death match and ctf maps, and hopefully quick join servers with anti hacks in place.

Valkyrie likes this.
  16. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Ok, my Terraria is working reliably now. As someone who is not good at games, I enjoy Terraria. Although I do enjoy it more with someone else to explore with.

17. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

I think it's pretty great, in a turn-your-brain-off-and-explore kind of way. It took me several hours to get to a point where I could survive in the underworld, and that's the farthest I've gotten before deleting my file and starting anew. Zipping around the main caverns with a handful of spelunker's potions looking for treasure is enough to keep me amused earlygame, with the eventual challenges of going to corruption caverns, then jungle caverns, and then the dungeon. I constantly keep a wirecutter on hand and loot all the traps and statues I find, and when I don't feel like going exploring, I either farm some plants for potions or work on upgrading my keep, playing with traps and generators, and organizing my massive stash of items.

Crowning moment? Miaow and I were exploring the caverns when we founf a glowing mushroom area. We found a golden treasure chest, and he got to it first; I went looking around and accidentally triggered a boulder trap, which rolled after me, plowed into him and killed him before he realized what was going on. Shortly afterwards I stumbled into a dynamite trap and got blown to bits myself, but I wasn't mad at all (thankfully, the dynamite traps are rare enough not to be a nuisance).

My only 2 qualms? Multiplayer is fun but a pain to set up, and the inventory space is too low and disorganized. Other than that, it's a great game, with great developer attention, and I would reccomend it highly.

18. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

ok i love the terraria mac wrapper espes made.
    i currently got muramasa and molten fury on mac char

19. DarkDain

@Zub got a gold coin? Buy the piggy bank from the merchant. Its like a personal storage you can carry with you, just buy it, place it on wood platforms, then stash stuff. Then you can pick it up and take it with you. Later, when you can afford 50g price tag, you can buy the Vault which does the same thing. And they act as personal storage, so anyone else who uses them will only see their own storage.

20. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Right, I do that. It's still a dull thud in the action to have to manage your inventories every 5 minutes. If the inventories were larger, or scrollable, or if you could set a list of items to not be automatically picked up, there would be less of an issue. The current season's "present" drops only exacerbate the situation.

Mods: BlueLuigi