1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TEST] Brigde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JacKD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Well, i was trying to figure out how to make a brigde now to cross a rift and this is what i came up with.
    Since there's a new support system for blocks, you need to have a column of blocks from the ground for every 6th block in the sky that is:

|12345|12345|12345|
    | | | |
    ___|_____|_____|_____|___

With my system you can do the same up to 10 tiles, that is:

|1234567890|1234567890|
    | | |
    ___|__________|__________|_

The key is using ladders to make a brigde with a stone wall as background. On the tile before you can't put a block, put a stone block above the last buildable block, and then continue with ladders. The second time it doesn't work, and you need a column from the ground once again, after that you can repeat.

What's more important is that the brigde doesn't colapse when you break the columns, but you can't repair damaged parts that need support.

Just thought about sharing, altough i don't think is very play-friendly lol xD you would get killed 19345u839 times before you finished it ahhahaha.

I'd love to be able to build bridges using some type of support system, like maybe, every X blocks used in the width of the column, you get Y amount of horizontal block to build, this way if you make a ladder right next to a dirt wall in a rift, you could actually get to the other side.

Or whatever, just an idea. Screenshot of the bridge i made:

[​IMG]

That's it!

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Oh no... and I thought skybridging was finished! Dammit!!!

3. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Now people can just abuse this X_X
    I was hoping crossing a chasm would be hard which would make two sides fight over control of a bridge but nope D:

4. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

People always find a way to trick the system. Just implement dragonflies, which would eat anyone daring to use a skybridge. And occasionally, they would raid bases and carry one team's gold to the other one.

Fun.

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well all things considered this isn't nearly as bad purely horizontal ladder-only skybridges.

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

And it takes too much resources so no one would bother to do skybridge like that...

7. SonOfBeer

SonOfBeer Guest

8. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Hi every1,

well it actually like Furai said, it takes resources and time, and you DO need a supporting column every 10 tiles, we're just expanding the need for a column from 5 to 10, not so unbalanced, just tricky, after that the columns are "removable" but they ARE needed when you're building xD everything's on the description, the SS is from when the columns are already removed, but they WERE there.

Skybridge is not worth it with this technique, it only works as a quick, not so big brigde for a rift of not no epic depth xD

9. R. J.

R. J. Guest

Guys, have a question on test build. Too lazy to download it, but very curious about one aspect.

In a physics demonstration movie if a peasant tried to locate a block to impossible location- it simply fell down and broke. Might it already be used to drop blocks on enemy troops and ledders for destruction?

10. SonOfBeer

SonOfBeer Guest

R.J.

You can't build right in the air, only next to another block.

But if this block was the last to be supported (a maximum of 6 blocks horizontally), it will build and fall. And its very awesome.

11. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

But that little bridge took 15 minutes to do right?
    If it takes a long time there is no problem.

12. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Not THAT much, is actually pretty doable, but it's not meant to "sky brigde" but to "bridge" a gap... i actually wonder if this is the only/best way to cross a gap like:
    _

/ :D ¬¬
    ___a_s__c__ __c___s___a_
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | \ |
    | |
    | |
    | \ |
    | |
    | !!!|
    | # c|
    |s |
    | |
    | |
    |

is there going to be maybe some kind of construction that allows to make brigdes?