1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"test.png" an unused sprite, testing for the future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bilbs, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Ah man, an individual sprite sheet for self and team would make me soooo happy.
    I can see a community member making a 'character builder' type application. And I would love to create and share player/team sprite sheets with other members.

team1.png
    player1.png
    team2.png
    player2.png

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Problem is that'd lead to Player_Archer_1 Player_Archer_2 Team_Archer_1 Team_Archer_2 etc etc, though maybe just 3 player sprites could work and they don't have team colours in them...

We're still tossing ideas around - CTF First, eh?

3. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Agreed. And I'd be happy with just the three.

4. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

Idea: Could have some sort of image configuration file stating what file to use for "team 1 archer", "team 1 self archer" etc. This way, you can easily not have a separate file for everything, but then still have the ability to [fairly easily] mod it all.

Ini concept:

I forget where the files are exactly located, and do not have access to that right now, so the actual paths would probably vary from the example.