1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Watching them now, just finished round 1 C v S. Comments later.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Comments:
    Casting seemed a bit messy, not sure if it's the new spec or what but it seemed pretty jerky in that respect.
    Mic was better this time than last but had a fair bit of buzz, something to fiddle with more settings to minimise I guess. Commentary was good though, less getting ahead of yourself, pretty insightful comments most of the time.

Re: popularity, I have no idea how things become popular on twitch, KAG's never had massive interest competitively though. Will be interesting to see if that changes over time, I think from soldat there was really just a small dedicated community rather than any big outside interest. We'll see I guess.

Awkward about the first ballista. Whoever built that naval shop.. :/

Good fast games though, solid end for Cedrick.

Watching A v M now.

3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I still need to build a boat shop in this.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.
  4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I've learned a lot about how competitive kag would work from just this tournament, and for future tournaments I have a good idea of how they should be outlined.

PS: AvM match 3 is 75% done uploading. One more hour to go.

5. Geti

Kinda weird with the team setup stuff, not sure what was going on there. Also pretty uncomfortable having a guy in spec talking strategy unless both teams have something similar...

Nice quick ballista in round 1, had quite a laugh at round 2 in general (ballsy archer runs, lag failures, flag swap, "damnit geti" re: doors, yagger almost falling in the saw, lots of ballista on ballista action), I honestly didn't believe it would go on so long, forgot there was a 3rd coming separately.

Felt bad for Warrfork getting called bad all day, maybe thats just how you guys relate (I remember being kinda taken aback at how often the action guys were at each other's throats) but it's probably not great for morale mid-match :^)

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

When I rewatched the video I also felt guilty about this, since here I am basically bragging and saying "Warrfork sux swap me in" which is not only arrogant, but conceited and rude as well.

So yeah, sorry Warrfork bro. In the end you nabbed the last flag so my criticisms were for naught.

Edit: Whoops, spoilers.

But you'd be okay if both teams had a guy in spec talking strategy? Because to me that seems perfectly fair, unless the spec guy sucks at strategy.

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I just finished watching the video, and House Antinanco: we need to talk.

8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Why do you need to talk about you watching yourself?

Klokinator likes this.
  9. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I wasn't in the game fellere, and I saw little to no teamwork, and I am very disappointed.

Edit: lol, just reread what I initially said, and it sounded very awkward, thus, I fixed it.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How dare you call a masterful amount of teamwork get called no teamwork.

However you're right, the only time teamwork entered the equation was when there was a spectator calling the shots. Until then it was a complete clusterfuck.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 22, 2013 ---
    Part 3 is finally up! Sorry for the delay guys, this internet is nearly dial-up speed >.>

I devote this episode to @Yagger

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I like how it started with Klok saying 'OK we lost this' in the beginning but finally we won after quite some time.
    Also @Yagger <3

Klokinator likes this.
  12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

water-bombing jew.

Apronymous likes this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Rock hard, like Yaggermanium.

14. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

@Geti
    The dinghy that we produced from that naval shop was responsible for storing our gold and stone/wood supplies. If we didn't have a dinghy then our individual gold supplies would have been lost in the fray. That naval shop saved our ass. It's the reason we recovered so quickly from not having bomb bolts.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. cameron

cameron THD Team THD Team Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

we had 120 gold leftover from build time in the dingy
    >didn't buy explosive ballista <.<
    I made the dingy because we had ~500 stone lying near the tent as well as the extra gold and stuff decays crazy fast.

now that ive played a game, it feels far too chaotic, I think its caused by maps having so many paths, but so few people.
    Although maybe the chaos makes it more interesting for others to watch?

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Maybe if you implemented storages, we wouldn't have to use silly ways of storing materials :V

17. i store materials by making blocks out of them

#mlgtactics

18. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Good luck with building gold blocks in beta.

19. i store gold by buying explosive bolts instead of naval shops to store gold for explosive bolts

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ow there was like a spy at spectators with voice chat...., completely unfair.

franek123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.