1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Having teammates spy for you in spectator will no longer be permitted. If you guys really feel it would be an improvement to the game feel free to make further appeals in the CSK Suggestion Thread.

Beef, Klokinator and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah that sounds like a bad thing to allow in general.

Usually even in mumble we split amongst groups of who's playing/spectating/etc.

That said, it was a good game, very fun. I'm gonna watch the replay once I get a chance to see where I can possibly improve personally at least, great job getting people to record most/all of these matches.

3. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

When I watched that video without any further information I instantly though: "Well that's kind of a dick move."
    So even though I don't participate I think you made the right decision.

4. You guys are just boat-enthusiasts, admit it.

Rocinante and Shadowofgold like this.
  5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Dinghy's store supplies? SHIT!

I need to abuse dinghies more.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2013 ---
    It's really just a permanent version of what you can do in your 9 second respawn time. I already glance around the map whenever I'm killed (...constantly...) so I wish both teams having a spectator could be a thing.

In any case, already working on a new co-commentary style video I can do with Joiken, maybe after SK.

6. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Klok, it takes all the fun out of it for the players. Watching the video back, I heard you warning the other team a number of times about my approaches with kegs etc in the darkness underground or just in uninhabited parts of the map. Sneak attacks such as those, if successfully done out of sight of the enemy players, ought to be allowed to remain stealthy. Your collusion kind of ruined that aspect and certainly soured this idea for me at least.

Beef, BlueLuigi, Nabuco and 5 others like this.
  7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You bring up a good point. I concede this argument.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah,you weren't the only one at fault though, before I joined I warned them once or twice to do things like telling Boxpipe to break those Ballistas while he was a builder, I stopped after I realized how cheap it felt and that you guys probably didn't have anyone doing it, so if anything you can have comfort in knowing it wasn't only your side, even if we didn't do it more than once or twice (and for things he could see already but didn't know).

e: In the future I would say make spectator only for casters, everyone else can watch their stream which should preferably be delayed by 2-3 minutes.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Klokinator and Nabuco like this.
  9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Your thoroughly honourable acceptance of defeat almost makes it seem like your point of view had merit in the beginning.

Almost.

Beef, FuzzyBlueBaron and Klokinator like this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

On another topic though, definitely not sundered kingdom but maybe another future tournament, it'd be interesting if we organized one based on the premise of both teams having an "overlord" who directed the team. It'd be more about which overlord could direct their team better and which team could work through difficulties if their overlord was having derp moments, was afk, whatever.

I mean, even with me directing my team, did you see how goddamn good Moire was? They didn't have someone like me there the whole time constantly. Imagine if they did. Stalemate much? I bet they'd even win because they had three amazing players on their side. They were holding off a team for 40 minutes that had an Eagle Eye in the sky.

11. It surely would give some funny audio, like the "double slash jump! double slash jump! what you're doing?! DOUBLE SLASH JUMP!!!" moments

12. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

This may be pretty late: But I think someone should update the OP a little. For example, things like the 'no class changing' that got dropped a long time ago. It'll confuse new people joining.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

>mod present in many servers, files still in vanilla
    >"pls geri add in vanilla, we are too lazy to port anything for a tournament"

Either way I would have gotten explosive bolts well before worrying storing materials if I had gold on hand, but you can keep on pretending it was the best call of your lives if you want :^)

FuzzyBlueBaron and Gurin like this.
  14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Storages should be in vanilla ctf though. They're in tth after all... I just want the spawn to be a storage if nothing else.

15. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I agree but the sad thing of this is, that for instance when Beef dc'd someone would've needed to go to IRC and you would have to start up KAG first, while you did it very quick right now.

BlueLuigi and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I guess I'll just have to make that NS2 mod for KAG myself then. RIP spec commander. :QQ:

^ What Mazey said, subs coming in right away is a handy, handy thing. I wonder if there's a way (seclevs perhaps?) to have a sub for each team idling in spec without allowing them to, you know, spec? That way they can watch the stream and/or keep an ear open on voip in case they're needed.

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I'm not personally opposed to the idea of spectators in game. You guys obviously had a lot of fun with it and I think it should definitely be considered in the future. But for now it's a major strain on teams to bring a sixth member and when asked the house leaders did vote against it unanimously for varied reasons.

18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Nevertheless houses need at least 1 guy at spect for a fast incorporation in case of need. Waiting at IRC isn't as handy.

19. waiting on mumble is ok

20. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

^ Being on the mumble/TS server with KAG (minimised) in the main menu works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.