1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF The Flood [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Didgedy, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Map name: The Flood
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: There is an elevated pond in the middle of the map, that can flood a the entire lower portion of the map (this is on level with the second flag base of both teams) or be drained if so desired.
    Initial flooding is protected by a stone wall barrier (in red zone before match start) at first so as to allow time to prepare.
    Flooding one side will still flood the other partially, unless water flow is blocked beforehand.
    Both teams have 100 gold under their staring hill, more to be found in danger zones.
    Each team has 3 trees in starting area, 2 more are in the red zone.
    Bedrock has been placed in a way that disallows tunneling all the way across the map towards the enemy base - you can reach it from around the place where the stone barriers are.
    Map: Didgedy_TheFlood.png
    Map name: Didgedy_TheFlood.png

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Do you think the average player would enjoy a fully flooded map?

3. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Not entirely sure, but I think they might. I tried to make it so that the water is not restricted by bedrock, so ramming is possible, and that the flag is close to the water line, so attacking enemy base isn't that big of a disadvantage.

4. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I think this would actually make for a really original map. The first team that gets to the middle will be able to flood the other side with water, so they can't easily make towers and such. It makes for some nice strategy planning.

Didgedy likes this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Raming is cool and all buy damn is getting the flag back from across the water a pain in the arse. Like swimming back with the flag is awful because the enemy can swim too and you cant build much of a forward defense on water. I dont know could use more opinions(the tamer water maps we have on official right now on controversial enough).

6. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.
    If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)