1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Gold Contest! Check the OP Frequently!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Utahraptor, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Yeah, you have all weekend for contest 1.

The way the committee works is as follows: I am the 1st member and I am hosting each contest with a guaranteed gold account for one winner. I have two slots to be filled with each contest, each slot is filled by another member who will buy 1 more gold account for a winner that they select. After this contest my partner darDar can chose to be done or he can stay on board and buy someone an account next contest too. The purpose of this is to keep it semi competitive and get more gold accounts to the people and have the options of running even more contests!

Edit: to clarify, as long as we have two members I will be looking for a third, if I am by myself I will be looking for two members. If we have all 3 then we do not have room for any more.

2. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Ughh! I just got kicked because my ping was too high. Atleast I didn't get too far, but still.

3. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

just put up your own lan server, just go to map editor and go to generate, then poof, you have a sandbox

4. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

[​IMG]

i'm not finish, i have to add a animal somewhere xD but here's my first pic of it :p
    (will add a better screen when finish)

5. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Funny thing is this contest would be a lot easier if you already had gold...
    How can you get a good sandbox without the editor? With infinite materials and such, is it even possible?

6. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

I guess this ends in a few hours? Did you make your picks?

7. Connor

Connor Shipwright

8~ hours of work. This is my second submission and I think this one is much better. Had a lot of fun making this castle and I hope you like how it turned out as much as I do! :)

PS: I really wanted to add catapults and outposts but it wont let you do it without at least 2 players on each team ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the images but I really felt like zooming out took away from the scale of the castle so I wanted to show regular zoom as well!

Nebuchadnezzar and Neat like this.
  8. Utahraptor

End date is the 13th

9. Utahraptor

Connor that is a really impressive castle so I'm going to give you a utah's favorite gold reward of 1 gold account, I am still giving away the 1 account for another winner I select on tuesday and darDar is also picking his on tuesday but this was just super impressive.

edit: Account has been purchased

Connor likes this.
  10. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fuck this, I will never win anything. Just like I did in every contest I entered. XD

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

@Connor: Huh that is a nice castle indeed

12. Connor

Connor Shipwright

Thank you so much! :)

13. Utahraptor

Do not fret there will be many chances to win in the future! If I could I would give a gold account to everybody but I Would be a very poor fellow at the end. Also the 1st contest is far from over, there are still two accounts left up for grabs.

14. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Dont wanna make alot of fact but I bet that I wont win. Its just the ''luck'' I have and the fact that school starts today for me and no more PC from now on.... :|

15. Utahraptor

Winners to be announced as soon as I get a hold of darDar.

16. Utahraptor

Looks like darDar won't be around to do his tonight but I'll be choosing the winner once I get a chance at work.

17. Utahraptor

I'm a sucker for cats, you win! darDar is still selecting his winner, as soon as that happens the next round will start!

Congratulations to connor and JTG our first two winners.

Edit: account purchased enjoy the gold.

18. Utahraptor

CONTEST TWO STARTS NOW EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE IS MATERIAL FOR THE SECOND CONTEST

19. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Cool soooo what's the contest this week then? I saw nothing of it in your first post but I'm pretty sure I saw it last time...

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed you are restructuring, let us know whenever you do ;)

20. Utahraptor

I updated the OP a little bit, theres some tweaks and such but I'm at work and busy with other matters atm.

Edit: If a mod could edit the 1 out of 3 out of the thread title that would be cool, I'm keeping this localized into one big thread.