1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The great KAGoween Tournament (Livestream!)

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by WanderMark, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacKD, Razi and Rambo like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This, except that I can play those games on my laptop, they just don't interest me enough.

3. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Gah, midnight GMT? Doesn't look like I'll be able to take part this match, then. :<

Regardless, this time my vote goes for YB. :3

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Okay, I'll give you a quick explanation why there are only four teams in this tournament.

This is basically one giant experiment, we are testing out if this concept is working. The technical aspect, who will supply us with the servers, what kind of rules are we supposed to use, how are we supposed to manage everything and not run into a wall? We had tons of questions that needed to be answered before going public with this.

So to make things as fail-proof as possible, we decided to handpick four active clans instead of simply letting anyone join. This was to reduce the risk of dropouts and help us with communication.

It is now safe to say that the concept is working, people seem to really into this. We are already working on improving the rules. For example, we learned that a best out of three is simply too short, the climax is too fleeting(ehehe...), so we changed it into a best out of five instead. We are bringing new ideas to the table, things as player interviews, strategy talk and more is being discussed.

Not to mention this other, yet to be announced, project that is coming up. It is also being community driven, a lot of stuff is happening, and I love it!

I am fairly certain that we will continue with these tournaments, and thanks to the rousing success we've had with it so far, I think it is safe to say that the upcoming tourneys will be even larger, and even more epic-sauce than this one.

Thanks for all the support.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Bammboo, Ej and 5 others like this.
  5. Sounds very well thought through,
    Player interviews! :3 that could be interesting.

6. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

I knew this was a test, but i didnt hear the reasons for 5 games instead of 3. So i thought maybe u had decided to move up already.

I think u shud go a thing where have teams of 2, or 3, and they are all in the same clan. Then they are organized by continents/regions/timezones whatever and u have a tournament tree for each timezone. Then people sign up for a play time, but they dont get away that easy. No randoms. Say everybody in its need some sort of certification, so we can trust them, like a drug test, but not. Then on different days/nights a certain tournament tree will be... uhh... tournamented xD . Then by the end there will be winners and confetti and babes all around. U can have halftimes and do ur player interviews and score updates. if you have read this i applaud u but u may also think im retarded.

EDIT: I FORGOT ABOUT THE GAMES. so each round a a team will play 10 game rtdm. They always play till the end unless they other team surrenders so to speak. each game is worth one point. whoever has the most points in the end of the round moves on, the other doesn't, or they get eliminated?

I may have taken this idea a bit too far. the KAG underground

Razi and Boxpipe like this.
  7. nerdpride

nerdpride Shopkeep Stealer

Yannow, player interviews could be very intersting here.

Allow me to direct you, interested viewers and possible participants, to this thread which involves some YB and POWER members: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/concerns-about-the-new-updates-regarding-bombs.8149/

So, could this be a chance for Brilly, the Epic Autistic Knight, to prove that using multiple bombs against enemy knights is actually not too inefficient? Haha!

I am very pumped. And most of the reason why is because I know about the people involved, although more POWER than YB.

Beef and Razi like this.
  8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Still no takers on my real gambling? :p
    How about a 5$ game on Steam? :D

Jessetius likes this.
  9. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

We are still the most active clan and we didnt get any invite :(

Next time maybe.

WarrFork and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  10. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

D: assimilated the french, again.

11. Jessetius

Jessetius Bison Rider

I could do that. So how about... MOLE wins the whole tournament -> you buy me the game. Any other clan than MOLE wins -> I buy you the game?

Rambo and allknowingfrog like this.
  12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Who are you again?

masonmistel and GalenMarek like this.
  13. SpideY

SpideY, nice to meet you and it was the truth. Despite the fact we arent well known, we are the most active clan regard of clan wars ;)

14. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Just sayain, 2 out of 4 participating clans aren't european.

15. SpideY

And ? It doesnt mean that we wont play in tournaments ;) just sayain.

16. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Ehmm... but as I said, two out of these clans are not european, and you only want to fight european clans. You can't just choose in a tournament like this who you want to fight and who not. :huh?:

17. SpideY

Do you read my post ? We will play in leagues. For our clan wars, we are just seeking euro clans at this moment. There is a difference between tournaments and clan wars.

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

blahblahblah so what. Four clans were chosen. There are DOZENS of active clans. No offense, but come on. Quit bitching.

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Hey you guys. Stop it.

SpideY your clan is cool and stuff but I just picked four clans off the top of my head and they happened to be this four. I have had personal experience with each of these clans and I figured the French had their own thing going on anyways. In all honestly I didn't even think about you guys because I've had such little interaction with you all. I don't think you would appreciate the ping anyways.

thebonesauce: We appreciate that you are trying to defend us here but SpideY isn't being a dick about it or anything, so stop jumping on his ass.

I know that some people are disappointed that they weren't chosen but as Mark was saying we wanted to make this as manageable as possible and just have a tournament go to completion without serious problems. I think that for the most part everyone likes the four clans that were chosen and I firmly believe they are at least as suitable as any other.

If you want to be considered for these kind of things you just need to make yourself known. Have some clan wars, be active on the forums, hop on IRC once in a while.

I'm sure that future events hosted by Mark and/or me and/or other people will include a greater number of clans, so don't be discouraged.

20. BETS BETS BETS
    You can beat until 23:00 on Saturday (an hour before the match).
    Everybody but those people:
    Viken - 0 money
    Johnzaitev - 0 money
    Contrary - 0
    Beef - 0
    UnnamedPIayer - 0
    Kouji - 100
    Cadbury - 400
    still has 100I$ to waste.
    ybvpower.PNG

edit: if someone still didnt get it, dont spam here with your bets, jesus

Thread Status: