1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Happenings of KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slysin, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I agree that you should have a little self respect when dealing with petty Youtube celebrities. I also highly doubt that this event actually affected the long-term outcome of KAG's popularity, which is why I'm glad the devs stood their ground. Hardcore MLG pros like me stick to this game because the developers aren't complete pushovers and clearly have a clear vision for what their game should be, as well as being completely honest about its limitations. Since we are the most important pillars of the community, it would be a travesty to sacrifice that for a bit of Youtuber semen.

101i and Galen like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

If i could see the actual post by MM i could make an opinion on why TB was upset but because i cant find it(i looked) im just gonna go with the politically correct stance that you do not criticize a video by someone that only gives you free publicity(wasnt he doing it for charity too?)

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No plans yet I'm afraid, we were talking about looking into japanese events but I'd put my money either on either an EU or US event around next march/april (a fair way away I know). We'll try to keep you guys more in-the-loop about whatever we decide though, cause too many times I've noticed only the IRC folks actually know if we're away at some event.

Hakma likes this.
  4. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

COME ON MINNEASOTA NEEDS A NEW PAIR OF SHOES BABY

Yagger likes this.
  5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Mark this on your calendars boys, it's flooding season

6. suspect

suspect Catapult Fodder

KAGcon Detroit when

Lava and Tern like this.
  7. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

KAGcon Compton

Vampire, Kububv, icemusher and 3 others like this.
  8. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

straight outta kagton

Biurza and icemusher like this.
  9. suspect

suspect Catapult Fodder

STRAIGHT OUTTA KAGTON
    A CRAZY MOTHAFUCKA NAMED GETI
    THD, THATS THE DEV TEAM
    WHEN HE'S PISSED OFF, FORUM POSTS GET LOCKED OFF
    TYPE ON THE KEYBOARD AND TELLS USERS TO FUCK OFF

10. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

EAZY MM

11. California!

12. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Ah RotmG, what a link to KAG. I can't remember how I originally found the game a long time ago. But I refound it through steam. Also +1 for KAGCon, even if I can't make it.

13. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

I found it through Yogscast Sjin. Great youtuber.

icemusher likes this.
  14. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Thank you, that's how I found it a long time ago.

15. Hey me too!

16. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

How about australian kagcon, in the convention centre in sydney

17. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

This just shows that if people show just a little bit more gratitude towards other people, the end result will ultimately be positive. Michal just made a simple mistake and now look, TB decides not to make any more videos on KAG, despite having a major launch on steam. Sometimes, even if you do make an amazing game like KAG, some people are going to play it, and be sh*t at it.

Now that isn't any reason for Michal to lash out at TB, but what do you expect, I would do exactly the same thing if i was in his shoes, and plus, he probably didn't mean it in a down putting way. Besides, MM probably came back from Molly Malone's Irish Pub dead drunk, saw that some random guy had made a video on KAG and went and called TB an idiot. So there we have it :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2015 ---
    Thats sounds like a great idea. Maybe if it was in Melbourne though as well.

toffie0 likes this.
  18. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

One in Melbourne would be great.... A fair few kag AUS players are from that area

Achillios likes this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I actually met up with Kaizo and Reudh for coffee and lotf about a month ago. I'm based in melbourne, but I cant see a proper "con" working out, there's not enough population for it even if everyone in the world came, and we dont really have the funding to rent some place for it. To date the people I've met up with (other than the core THD guys) are @Rayne, @Downburst, @Wyeth, a few guys whos handles didn't stick at Amaze (sorry guys!) @kaizokuroof and @Reudh, would be happy to meet more if it's not too far out of the way, haha.

Its easy enough to catch us at events - but we should try to do some PAX AUS showing next time around perhaps, and we definitely need to communicate better about it.

Edit: Re: MM being more greatful - indeed it would have worked out better. I honestly dont think MM meant anything by it, he was just laughing at how bad he was at the game (and tbh MM has always been pretty bad at KAG). I think the bigger reason KAG isn't on youtube that much is that it's just not that fun to watch because it's so unclear wtf is going on, and because the sandbox elements are largely minimised. There are a few fun kill reels out there and some nicely put together vids like contrary's if i had a hammer, but 99% of kag just isn't fun to watch for someone who doesn't already play the game.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  20. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

PAX sounds like a great opportunity for more people to get into KAG. I haven't be to any sort of convention like that before, but if THD had a booth, I would absolutely love to go!!! :)