1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, welcome to the forums! Always good to have more peeps join the party. :)

aroh likes this.
  2. Hadensoz

Hadensoz Catapult Fodder

Oink~

Hey O!
    My name is Haden. I also go by Hogger.
    I'm a good person and typically like to get involved with forum posts. I also like to resolve prolonged forums fights,becuase no one likes people complaining about archer spam and op bombs. X3

I'm not premium but should be buying in the new few days or so. Hopefully my kindness will impact the community so much I get a big ol' :thumbs_up:

FuzzyBlueBaron and Shadlington like this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hey, always good to have more peeps join the party. Welcome to the forums! :)

Froghead48 and Razi like this.
  4. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Welcome!

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

Hello all.
    I am new to Kag as well as the forums.
    I didn't bother playing the demo before buying... you just know when you are in love.

->Ranty boring bit about how much I like the game, and some observations/stories hidden in the spoiler:
    Soldat was/is a solid game and Kag seemed more refined while adding important new aspects. I can't stress enough
    how impressive Kag is from a game play standpoint:
    -The balance of the 3 classes is quite apparent when a majority of the CTF matches I played ended in draws even though people where constantly leaving and entering the game and the teams would find them selves short players.
    -Every class is a blast to play, and they all have quirks that make them even more playable.
    -The interface is amazing. That said, it has a steep learning curve (it relies on reflex and muscle memory, exactly like playing a musical instrument) that is artificially smoothed out by the fact you don't need to use 90% of it. If you are just starting the game you don't need to use the emotes, commands, chat, advanced orders and requests... As a new player you should shut the hell up and work on that sword play! Watch the builders and the archers so you don't make an ass out of your self or always die when you play those classes.
    I found: keyboard key [5] is the laugh emote... its all you need at the beginning. [t]+ "sorry!"+ [enter] is good too.
    -The community is getting panned a bit as it is apparently intolerant of noobs... This is not true in my experience (random deathmatches and CTF). I will admit, you will take a bit of flack for sucking, but its not hostile, and come on, its part of life. If you are new, here is a tip: keep your mouth shut unless it is to apologize and don't inflame the situation by being a smart ass. If someone calls you a fag, laugh. You are a fag, so what. don't be a fag that people want to hate.
    In one instance (deathmatch) there was a bunch of veteran players on the blue team, and Allllllll new guys on the red team... slaughter ensues, over and over. I love it, its good practice. Some one enters the game and gets put on the red team (cant remember the name... I bet they remember mine). It becomes apparent that this person is NOT a noob as they proceed to kill the crap out of the blue team of whom had become complacent. Mmmmmm, so yes this person soon realized they were on their own after blue started using teamwork to win every game, and red started using derp. He started complaining about how crappy I was and giving me the finger emote (I laughed, there is nothing I can do to help...I..am...learning...:p)and most of the people on red got sick of dying so they left (20+ matches in). Finally it was just me and this other player (and random pop ins). Everyone got sick of how crappy the game had become, someone called afk next match, and everyone but me ended up leaving ('till I realized I was alone...then I left too, crying and such)... The point of this story is: Thats the worst I have encountered so far, and it seems a bit of an extreme situation. Also: Sorry to the person who had me as a teammate. Them's the breaks. See you out there, hope I'm better next time. ;)

I suppose that is most of what has been on my mind. So, I will leave you with this pedantic pseudo-cliche:
    Ever since I found Dwarf Fortress, I have been travelling down the dark path of Indy gaming. If a great game can be compared to a hanging lantern that lights the way, KAG can be compared to a gnarled roadside tavern with friendly staff and patrons, as well as angry drunks spilling out into the night to fight in the streets and force each others faces in the horse crap.
    Thanks for reading!

6. Hella

Yo, Neil. I love the tavern analogy, it works nicely. It seems you are a good new player, you should keep practicing, maybe someday you'll be a pro newbie, like Ej or Beef.

7. GoodleShoes

GoodleShoes Catapult Fodder

Greetings fellow travelers! I'm GoodleShoes and I look forward to playing with you all!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Welcome GoodleShoes to the land of burning pumpkins, cataclysmic cats and peacefull birds. Have a nice stay and do not run too far away.

Your tip of the day is: There are some cool KAG related comics in this forum. Check them out! *click*

9. GoodleShoes

Those were fantastic! Thank you!

10. Hella

Your name is fantastic. Can I have it?

11. GoodleShoes

M-me? Oh thank you! And no! I've had this name since I was about 15.

12. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

welcome to the kag community GoodleShoes :). were a little crazy at times but are normally helpful if you have any problems.

13. GoodleShoes

Oh thank you!

14. Nutt3rz

Nutt3rz Disappearing act Donator

Hello everyone. :)
    I'm new to the forums though not new to the game. I've never really taken the time to get to know the community as I'm typically fairly busy but I'm trying to make some kind of effort now.

Edit: Also, what does one have to do to get the sufficient privileges to post a topic in the Server Directory section? I'm currently hosting an Australia Zombie Fortress server.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. superdigger26

superdigger26 Catapult Fodder

Dear KAG Community,

I just wanted to say Thanks for all my wonderful moments on his game i think a new chapter in my life is happening and i need to leave i will still be on forums but no KAG. I fell i have conquered the game Got Admin Got premium Played Zombie and many more things i wanted to say bye to all my friends out there thanks i do have skype my name is superdigger26 so we can keep contact i will miss you all we have had some amazing times i will never forget you might see me in like 5 months so frankly i am retiring i will miss you all :[.

Thanks Boys,
    Signing Off superdigger26 for the last time

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sorry to have you go. See you whenever you're next around! Bai!
    </br>--- merged: Dec 4, 2012 10:02 AM ---</br>
    Also, hey! Welcome! I don't know how I missed your post, my apologies! X3

I honestly don't know how you go about getting privileges to post in the server forum (you sure you can't just post? I can, but then I'm a mod... :huh?:) but, if you can't, I'd be happy to create one for you and then you can go from there! ;)

17. StewieTheThird

StewieTheThird Catapult Fodder

Hello all, I recently discovered KAG on Indie DB thought it looked interesting and so far what I have played has been so amazing I look forward to seeing this game to it's finish. I also look forward to what seems to be a very kind community on the forums.

Razi and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hello good sir! Glad to have you along for the ride! :)

If you're new to the game, be sure to head over to the Classes & Mechanics subforum where you'll find a whole heap of tutorials and guides to help you on your way. ;)

Razi and Froghead48 like this.
  19. Chieftain

Chieftain Catapult Fodder

Hello everyone, I have been lurking this forum and the game for awhile to look at its progress and I've finally decided to take the plunge as a member on the forums! I look forward to seeing KAG reach its full potential and I think I'll have an enjoyable ride here on the forums as well! I'm currently a college student and I know there are some people who play it around here on my campus as well (though I don't personally know them haha).

Edit: I decided to play with the edit feature to see how easy it is.

P.S. What are some suggested threads I should check out?

20. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Hella likes this.
Mods: Gurin