1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. Zulnam

Zulnam Catapult Fodder

Hello,
    Just bought the game yesterday. I used to play Soldat back when Indie wasn't a thing yet and remember it was lots of fun, and KAG looked like that fun on steroids.

Haven't gotten used to the aiming controls yet, so I'm usually Sir DiesALot, but I love the game. For some strange reason, it gives me a Warcraft 2 vibe (which is always a plus).

Anyone know an easy way to join a clan? I came here looking for the "Clans Forum", but there doesn't seem to be one (subtle suggestion).

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Heyheyhey! Welcome new peeps, one and all! ::):

I've been a bit slack handing out tips to newcomers lately, so here's a bunch all at once:
    • The Classes & Mechanics section is a really, really handy place full of tips and tricks for the beginner. Be sure to check it out. :wink:
    • A good place to hang out is the #kag IRC channel. A guide to it can be found here. Also, the forums has an in-browser IRC client here.
    • You can tag other forum members in posts by typing @theirnamehere
    • @Zulnam the place you're looking for is here. You can also reach it by clicking on the 'Groups' tab at the top of the forum page (underneath the main 'King Arthur's Gold' title).
    • If you have any general questions posting them here will probably get you an answer the fastest. If you need help your best bet is either posting in the appropriate section here or by contacting an Admin (namely, Kouji or myself).
    • Have fun, follow the rules, and make yourself at home. Seriously. We'd love you to stay.
    Here's hoping to see you all 'round a lot more in days to come. And once again, welcome! ::D:

3. Zulnam

Zulnam Catapult Fodder

@FuzzyBlueBaron, thank you for your help. Yeah, I managed to find my way to the Clans page. Looking for one that fits my colored personality, as we speak.

4. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Welcome to KAG, you are bound to enjoy your stay.

5. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I think I'm alive. Maybe.

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Welcome Zulnam.
    Have fun with kag.

7. Novatis

Novatis Catapult Fodder

Hey, I'm Nova and played for a week or so.
    Nice to meet you all.

8. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Welcome to KAG! Hope you enjoy your stay.

9. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Welcome to the community Novatis!

10. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Hello everyone- I am Sir_Walter, known ingame as Sir_Walter

I have played Terraria before, and this looked like an epic war mod for it. After seeing this game on steam and watching a few videos of it, I bought it. I have only played for about a week. Right now I am a nooby night, (die at every bombjump attempt), but I guess practice makes perfect! Hope to see you all soon ingame.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  11. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Welcome to KAG Sir_Walter! You will get the hang of things ;) Hope you enjoy your stay!

12. Sir_Walter

thank you :D
    I am having tons of fun so far- I will explore some new servers soon

13. SeanAS

Send me a message on the forums if you want to play sometime! I will show you some preferred servers of mine and we could have some serious fun. (:

14. Sir_Walter

Sure, that would be awesome! I was gonna try one of the modded or roleplay servers, but I'd be happy to do anything. The computer I use for KAG is downloading tons of photos, so I don't think I can play today, but tomorrow or the weekend maybe?

15. SeanAS

Sounds like a plan! Just let me know in a PM or on my profile page. :)

16. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Hello and nice to meet you, everyone! I'm Trumbles, and i've been playing for about a week. Thought i'd check out the forums to get an idea of the community =)

17. Bint

Bint Haxor

You're name is lovely, welcome.

18. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Pleasure to meet 'cha Trumbles, hope you have a lovely stay on our fine forums.

19. SeanAS

Welcome Trumbles! I'm go ahead and start off with making you an awesome nickname in my opinion. Trumby ;) Hope you enjoy your stay Trumby, I'll see you in the servers!

20. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yay everyone is so nice~! =)

Mods: Gurin