1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM The Mines - Map 1 - At Dread's Door

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by SJD360, Jan 3, 2017.

1. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Map name: At Dread's Door
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: No.
    Special features: This map is a part of a map pack I made for Cruxiat, there are 10 maps in total, each of which lead downward into the next tier. Each map is 70x35. This is the first map of the set - thus it is on the surface.
    Map:

Shops:
    ADD-V1.png

Chests:
    ADD-V2.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    an_obamanation and PUNK123 like this.
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

upload_2017-7-30_18-36-15.png

Your traders are stuck in the ground (looks incredibly goofy) and are off symmetry wise by a block (I'm aware maps not symmetrical but it seemed like the traders were supposed to be)

3. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Tier 1 - At Dread's Door.png
    The first level of a series of beautiful maps from @SJD360 that offers a well structured layout.

upload_2017-8-15_22-9-31.png
    Traders are unfortunately sunken into the ground and aren't evenly placed. Additionally for a map of this size I feel like Traders don't offer much value and instead I think a treasure chest might be more appropriate and fun if placed in the entrance to the mine.

upload_2017-8-15_22-11-55.png
    For a map that is so tiny any obstruction to players in the race to the center could be fatal for their team. I would like to see the platforms leading up to the entrance of the mines easier to navigate.

upload_2017-8-15_22-12-33.png
    The entrance to the mines which in my opinion is the key feature of this map offers interesting vertical openings that allows players to interact with each other from different levels, however the inside of this entrance is awfully cramped. I personally would like to see this area opened up a little bit while preserving the overall shape.

bunnie likes this.
  4. It's a nice map, I'd like the ceilings elevated by 2-3 blocks to allow for more in-depth fights

5. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'd say 2, because 3 would make it feel too open for an indoor fight

6. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Made edits. Two variations: one shops and one chests. Pick whatever.