1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The next step

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 25, 2013.

1. shai-hulud

shai-hulud Shipwright

Question about future builds: Are we going to be able to point at things again? That was actually super helpful as a nonverbal form of communication when using the emotes. I even found myself wishing the builders pointing was more obvious, like the knights in classic.

16th, master4523 and xChapx like this.
  2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I believe the pointing emotes are still there, they're just hidden by the chat box that isn't disappearing correctly when pressing Q.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

He means the pointing sprite that pointed to the direction your mouse was at in classic. I'd like to see it return myself as well.

4. Deuce88

Deuce88 Shipwright

hopefully its here by sunday. norush just praying

5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Sounds great! I can't wait!!! :D

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

The archer's aiming reticule would help too, because sometimes it gets a bit hard to know when to release at the right moment when jumping from tree to tree.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Apologies for it not being out over the weekend. We're currently working on something to release either today or tomorrow, naturally with anything progression related it's the smaller things that matter when getting a release out, no matter how frustrating. Depending on how much of the TODO we can smash today, should be <48 hours away.

The pointing frames would indeed be nice. I'll have a look into reimplementing them once the dust has cleared from this release (though builder digging takes priority).

JacKD, Apronymous, Deuce88 and 4 others like this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Will from now on code stay working each new build? Or maybe just less? Anything on that?

9. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

You are getting dangerously close to real-time though, one day delay from Sunday promise... I'm impressed! :D

Apronymous, Geti and SirLoading like this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

??? Do you mean will we be retaining 100% code compatibility for any mods made now? No we wont be guaranteeing that in any way, shape or form, as stated in the initial reveal post for the silent beta - modding is currently not officially supported because the engine is in a state of flux and the modding tools (ie for mods outside of /Base) haven't had much dedicated development yet.

@JacKD: I try

Apronymous likes this.