1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Pickaxe V.S. Players

Discussion in 'Builder' started by ffsff, Aug 10, 2016.

?

Should this be changed?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. In between the two

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

This is a simple post.

When I am builder doing builder stuff like hiding in my underground fort or working on my main base, the occasional enemy builder will plop themselves near me or attack me directly. The problem arises when I try to confront said builder. Unless I have a drill with me, and I usually don't, then the quickest way to rid them of my presence would be with the pickaxe. Unfortunately, I am not always able to target them with my tool and usually end up attacking my own structure.

This is annoying.

I have died too many times because of this.

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yep, it's definitely fucky. The best advice I can give you is to make sure you have your cursor hovering directly over the builder you want to attack before you right click. I actually right click repeatedly, once per hit, and it seems to work pretty well. It's still really inconsistent though.

Magmus, SirDangalang, EhRa and 4 others like this.
  3. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

you just have to aim like a millimetr or so before you, always works for me :p

4. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

Pickaxe combat is also heavily affected by ping ie the guy with 30 ping will hit u 4 times in the time it takes the 300 ping guy to hit u 2 times
    Same thing with the drill why I always use a boulder in builder combat in tandem with axe give this lager an edge:boulder:

daskew87 likes this.
  5. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I recommendation is to just stand around 0.2 blocks away from the enemy builder and move according to him. Apparently pickaxes work when you stand further away. Point blank just spam almost never works. And yes repeatedly clicking is somewhat useful <3

6. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Hosp senpai teach me