1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The price of KAG premium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JackMcDaniels, Dec 31, 2012.

1. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

You're wrong.

Allow me to prove it.

"Oh dear HardPenguin, please tell me why the support and content of this game makes it undeserving of a 25$ price tag."

Next time make an actual post with some substance to argue against me, instead of a single fucking line.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Well, I dont have to prove my view anyhow, because thats very subjective thing. But to point just few things:
    - developers totally ignoring bugs for months/years
    - developers getting money from alphafunding by lying (or wait... let me call that 'changing mind') about implementing some of features or delaying putting them ingame to infinity
    - there is possibility to get other new multiplayer games (even 2 or 3), better supported and with more content for this price

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. potatomcwhiskey

Actually, until you validate your view then you're basically a worthless waste of space and thats not my opinion. Thats a fact. I place value on facts not opinions.

Alrighty, lets start with bugs. Name some bugs that were ignored for months, then I want you to A: prove to me that someone took the time to inform the developers (Geti, MM) that the bug existed, how it interacted with the rest of the engine And most importantly!!! B: That they showed it to them BEFORE they started rebuilding KAG. The reason for this is A: If they don't know about a bug then how can they fix it. B: Why would they fix bugs with code that is going to be discarded.

Now on to getting money from alpha funding by lying.

You ever had a girlfriend who said she loves you and you said it back reflexively even though you weren't sure you feel the same? But you don't consider the consequences cause you're just genuinely excited to be with this girl. And you let it go on for months being torn over the moment you have to tell her before finally manning up and being honest with your feelings and letting her know that the relationship needs to take a step back.

Thats pretty fucking much what happened to the dev team at KAG. They got this huge hard on for this awesome idea of the Overworld and were literally dripping from their cocks in excitement at the prospect of being able to deliver this massively feature abundant open world adventure! But they failed to consider the magnitude of the task in from of them and as they came to this realisation. They felt fucking awful when they realised they couldn't deliver their promised features but they are committed to delivering a good game despite the shit that half baked debaters like you throw at them. I know Geti reasonably well and thats exactly what happened. They made a mistake because they are fairly inexperienced developers and didn't understand their own limits with regards to their ability to deliver content to the player. They did NOT fucking LIE. Now stop spreading this bullshit around please.

Finally, name some new multiplayer games that are better supported with more content for the same price as KAG that are in the same development stage as KAG or I will kindly ask you to fuck off from the forum once again.

Boxpipe, Canadian98, vampo and 8 others like this.
  4. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Bugs, just to point those reported by myself:
    https://bugs.kag2d.com/view.php?id=71
    https://bugs.kag2d.com/view.php?id=73
    If devs ignored my reports, this is not my problem. Thats their mistake by not supporting product they sell. On purchasing I wasnt said that game I play now is gonna be ditched later at expense the new one. Donts say a single word about 'code which has to be discarded' because the thing we will call 'Classic' soon was also said to be still supported..

If you treat women in way you described, I have nothing to say about it. As a man I dont go back on my word and I dont make worthless promises or statements. It is especially important in case of alphafunding, because basically you get the money for ideas you are obligated to make true. I am of course aware of fact that neither Geti nor MM intented to trick KAG community.

About pointing out games who care about playerbase and dont treat their users like foolish kids, who can be said one thing, while adults will do another, I did it there:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/game-events-where-are-they.11011/#post-174559
    But we can continue the discussion in this thread, because it fits much more here.

I would be also glad if youd notice that I am not trying to show KAG in bad light or despise it in any way. I am pointing out problems and showing 'hey, that game [community] is dealing with some things better, why wont we learn a little from them?'

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Both of you shut up. Neither of you have anything to prove because no party involved is going to budge from their perspective. If the argument continues beyond this point in public, I will just delete the whole thing; take it where we can't see it.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. potatomcwhiskey

I'm waiting kyzak. For your arguments as to why my posts where deleted. You can pm me or tell me here, but you do not just delete another guards post in a valid discussion cause you're butt hurt about my use of language.
    </br>--- merged: Jan 7, 2013 10:32 PM ---</br>
    Looks like the forum automatically ate my posts, never mind this shit. Penguins are gay and not worth my time anyway. Not gonna bother reposting.

Rayne, Boxpipe, UnnamedPlayer and 8 others like this.
  7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Sorry but I'm gonna keep ranting, I don't see how the game doing alpha funding means that you should expect certain things, it should mean the entire opposite. Game development is all about thinking up cool shit, then slashing back at it until it's feasible. Something can seem fucking feasible and then it can become very much not so (as is the case for us here), if you don't let that natural process happen then you'd end up with all the content, but it'd all be a mouldy bag of jizz and not worth playing. Let the developers develop within their means and let them make something fucking good instead, I don't see why that's an issue.

Also have half of you had a problem with your game updating or something? Might just be me but I've had a few classic updates while they've been making the new game, but that obviously can't be the case cos they said they weren't gonna support classic anymore the selfish lying bastards didn't they? Probably just finding new ways to break the game and add bugs so we have to buy premium, it's an elaborate conspiracy obviously...

I mean for fucks sake, some cunt will probably be able to mod a fast paced CTF classic mode full of door skyscrapers into the new engine anyway, just have a bit of patience and give Geti and MM some peace to get shit done guys.

Boxpipe and HardPenguin like this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just chiming in here to say a few things from a slightly more informed position than some of you.

1. The price is likely to change down the line as certain distribution channels have got some data to back up a lower price point being a good way to get the game to more people without sacrificing monetary gain on our part. I still believe the game is worth 25 bucks, but that won't stop us shifting to a lower bracket if the data is there.

2. What mcwhiskey said about the overworld stuff is basically on the mark. It's a shame we've not been able to do that, but implying that a significant number of people bought the game because of that announcement has no grounds. Heres the sales data from around that time http://grab.by/iOOU , the two spikes are the workshops release and zombies release. It's all very well to say you're a man of your word, but circumstances change, and we wouldn't be men if we couldn't adapt to those changing circumstances. Saying we made unfair money by telling lies is basically slander, and is fairly hurtful. I'd appreciate it if you didn't do it.

3. Fixing bugs in classic is not a priority, especially when they are esoteric bugs that we cannot reproduce effectively. Imagine you are in a crunch period, working on a game (as we have been for roughly 7 months after committing to this whole scripting thing). Now imagine you have 2 options - work on the final version of the game that people will be playing in years to come, and cross 3 items off your TODO list, or spend hours trying to track down some bug in the networking with the help of several testers, potentially crossing nothing off the TODO list, in the version of the game that is very likely to become underpopulated with the release of the aforementioned final version. Which one would you choose? We dont have the man power to test on several linux machines to find a bug in the sound library we are using (not our code) that causes crackling - several linux machines, my brother's included, do not have that issue. We dont have the time to search for bizzare networking bugs in the heart code (which is tangled with the bomb, tent, catapult and material code in classic).
    In terms of raw numbers, the number of bugs fixed roughly matches the number of bugs unassigned in mantis, which has fallen into disuse. A 50% fix rate from reporting when at the moment only two people are working on the game code is quite good, in my opinion, especially as we've been focussing on the bugs which harm the game the most.

4. It'd likely be conducive to any sort of productive discussion for both parties to tone down the cussing and cunt-calling.

5. The issue of classic support - we'll be maintaining classic as we get time, assuming there's a playerbase there. We can't afford to do more than the fairly regular bug fix patches we've been doing for the last few months at the moment, we simply dont have the time or man-power.

Rayne, Boxpipe, rocker2 and 13 others like this.
  9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just poking my nose in to say:
    This.
    ----

Additionally, Kyzak's got the helm on this thread and if people can't respect his judgement calls as a forum mod (that includes Guards, potato) then I will make good on ripping people's livers out with boat hooks (or, you know, banning said people from the forums until KAG 1.0 comes out--your choice). :skull:

If you have a serious complaint with how a forum moderator acts then please PM Furai, Kouji, Rayne or myself; otherwise, can it. :huh?:

{edit}
    Also, potato, I don't know what you're complaining about. All your posts are present and accounted for. EoD.

10. johncarterminime2

johncarterminime2 Shopkeep Stealer

If kag lowered there price they would have to shutdown its development.TThere's a team of people trying to get off off like 100$ a day off of kag game sells

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Any game that gives me more than $1/hr of enjoyment is worth it. I've definitely spent over 25 hours playing and modding KAG. Therefore, it is absolutely worth it. My guess is it starts at $25, lowers to $20 in 7-12 months, and then depending on continued dev, goes down in price (specials, as well) from there.

As per people complaining about bugs not being fixed: That didn't stop millions from buying Diablo 3, Call of Duty, Borderlands, etc etc. Those games were *full* of bugs.

12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Given there's practically no cost for every time someone downloads the game it doesn't quite work like that, there could well be more downloads at a lower price, who knows, not me anyway. I'm pretty convinced that the current and future prices are reasonable though for what you get/are going to get however.

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Seems harsh to handle a permaban for such a small offense
    Yes, this is a joke

14. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i want to read more about this. gayforgeti.

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So go play WoW? I laugh so hard when people say, "WoW/Terraria/Minecraft are way better, blahblahblah." Because it is so ridiculous. If you think $25 for a game in which tons of content was already released, has provided me with a year's worth of entertainment, endless replayability, and will offer almost limitless possibilities for expansion and modification to EVERYTHING IN THE GAME with a versatile scripting system is too much money, go back to playing shitty freeware games.

Why did you bother joining the community if you don't even like the game? Why bother talking about games like WoW, which appeals to the lowest common denominator with its grinding and thousands of weapons and items that have very little distinction and work in almost the same way as the others. WoW is fucking boring, any way you spin it.

You are free to leave and quit playing any time you want. Go back to your garbage MMOs. I've at least found an excellent game that I love, a community I love to the point of actually becoming a tester for the devs. Its a shame this community is full of silly people like this.

Boxpipe, Froghead48, AnRK and 5 others like this.
  16. MrBoh

MrBoh Shipwright

I just thought I'd chime in as I bought this last night.

$9.99 is that sweet spot for an impulse purchase. I probably wouldn't have bought it for $25 at the moment, and I think that this game would do very well on a platform like Steam at the lower price. Please don't take this to mean that I think the game isn't good or worth more, just that it's much more appealing at that price to someone who was making the decision to buy based off of some YouTube videos.

Boxpipe, vampo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  17. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Personally, I only paid $10 for this game. And I have gotten my $10 worth and then some. I would have gladly paid $25 and wish I had extra cash to donate to the guys...

Maybe when I graduate.

Boxpipe and Froghead48 like this.
  18. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The price of KAG is around the same price as Terraria and Minecraft. I say it's a reasonable price since it has offer what those to games has and more. And don't say it's a rip-off because terraria was inspired by minecraft which was based on infiniminers.

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. I haven't paid anything for this game so far :oops: I totally would sadly, in this universe THINGS like parents exist. That's like some kind of disease. I'd gieb all my muney to KAG :thumbs_up:

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

You guys are complaing 25$ is too high, but i would gladly pay upwards of 40$ for this game, whe it is fully released anyway. i say its worth 25$ now :huh?: