1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The spike trampoline

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by erik102003, Jul 15, 2017.

1. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

So, i searched this forum for like 10 minutes and couldnt find this thing.

It makes people salty.
    It instakills
    If you manage to hit one of these, youre hell of a lucky motherfucker

So, how it works:
    upload_2017-7-15_20-31-53.png
    Basically its pretty easy to build, take your ordinary CTF pub tower and build this platform on it, place the spike on top of the backwall to see if it works, the tramp should bounce the spike off it and launch it into the field below your tower (DISCLAIMER, if you place platforms in front of the tramp and it bounces the spike into platforms the spike gets rekt)

How to actually kill someone:
    Memorize where the spike falls, how long it takes to fall in that spot. Its incredibly satysfing to kill someone with this, i used this in a 5v5 CTF server and i had 1.61 KDR just using this. Important enough to mention the spike instakills, even a knight (idk why).

I found this very helpful in the early game for rushing knights, just simply throw few spikes and let the hatemail come to you. Most people dont expect an instakill spike from the sky.

Pros:
    Pretty cheap to build (about 200 :wood_mat:)
    Can be easily replaced with less stone consuming cata
    Instakills

Cons:
    I cant see this used in a CW, so probably pubs only, but who knows
    Pretty expensive ammo (30:stone_mat: per spike)
    Well idk, write me more cons !

Attached Files:

2. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

I remember I did this on @stephen_the_7th 's and had like an 11 kdr, 33 and 3.

Nerf spikes

enderzilla747 likes this.
  3. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

@Darruin you used to enjoy using this every now and then didn't you? :>:(: darned insta-kills

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

5. stephen_the_7th

stephen_the_7th Shark Slayer

I love the way hospitalizar set up this trap. He put the trampoline on its side so the spike shot like a bullet, and to make sure he never missed he would put a nice ramp near the hit site which was perfectly aligned so that spike would clear off anyone trying to get up.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    FuzzyBlueBaron and SirDangalang like this.