1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This week's cool stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 23, 2012.

1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I just saw the water in test build and I have to say separate layer for water is weird, I'm still hoping it will end up being something like terraria has etc. ;)

Gofio, FlameHaze3, delankski and 3 others like this.
  2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Yes, bombs DO float, but if you hold them underwater and then throw them, the shockwave is about 3x larger.

delankski and xChapx like this.
  3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I really missed shield bash, tested it with Henries and suddenly I'm back as a unstoppable slaughter mean machine.

4. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I would love to see knights able to surf on their shields, maybe their speed would effect the distance they surf, so if you hit the water going fast you can skid across.

FlameHaze3, delankski, JacKD and 4 others like this.
  5. Jomppexx

Jomppexx Shopkeep Stealer

Surf battles? :D

KnightGabe13 and delankski like this.
  6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Moving blocks and water? :right: Boats?

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

OH SHET THIS WEEK I HAVE TO STUDY FOR THE CAE EXAMS :eek:

delankski and TheWids like this.
  8. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I am going to go up early tomorrow, eat some oatmeal and then go for a run. When I get back I will take a shower and then settle down with my laptop out in the morning sun with a cup of coffee.

I will have nothing to worry about, I will probably lean back as I browse this forum for updates. This is in order to achieve maximum levels of chillaxation.

I might give you a thought, as long as it wont ruin my perfect morning.

-------------

As for the update, I am really looking forward to these. It will be intresting to see what kind of new elements of warfare that will be introduced with water and wood. We already have fire slowly dancing its way in. Really glad about the direction of this game.

Shield-bashing will be lovely, will add some nice depth to knight combat. Slashing requires some skill but when two knights with equal skills face each other it becomes a matter who can land that first slash. Both jumping back and forth trying to time their attack perfectly. I quite enjoy that myself, but with shield-bashing it will be more dynamic and fast paced. Once again can I get my aggressive face on.

Lovely stuff!

9. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

You might want to consider only having the fire arrows set whatever structure or block alight only if there are 2 or 3 of them embedded in the same area- A single fire arrow in a structure does nothing alone, burns itself out in 20 or so seconds, and could be removed by a nearby player, but if you let it be and the enemy has good/coordinated archers, you suffer consequences?

10. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So will water be something that can break a fall?

delankski likes this.
  11. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Pool party at geti's place!

Gofio, delankski, Jomppexx and 3 others like this.
  12. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Yeah that might be a good compromise Zuboki. I don't know if this is what you were going for, but there could be a source flame (visually just a more intense-looking fire) entity as well as the normal flames. Perhaps the fire could only survive and spread when there is a source flame connected to a group of normal flames. Connected would mean a source flame is simply touching a normal flame, and any normal flame touching that is also connected, and so on.

I know that sounds complicated, but it makes firefighting a much easier task as you only have to worry about extinguishing the area where the fire weapon first hit. Fire arrows could create source flames that only last for (like Zuboki said) a limited amount of time, whereas the fireball flinging siege weapons could create source flames with infinite duration. Functionally, the source flame would be a tile type entity that's created where a fire weapon first impacts. It can survive without touching any wood for as long as its set lifetime is, or until someone comes and puts it out.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to wooden structures that can be upgraded to stone. That way stone blocks can be a bit stronger against siege weapons and kegs. That's only if stone blocks spawn wooden ones in their place after they get destroyed though.

FuzzyBlueBaron and delankski like this.
  13. CoD

CoD Haxor

This is a dream, is it not. Wooden structures, water, underwater fights with bombs and shield-bashing.
    I wuv you Geti.

14. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I just downloaded the test build-it wont let me build wood blocks!!!!!!!!!
    They wont even come up in the inventory!

delankski likes this.
  15. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Oh, the glory when I read this, made me smile the whole time.

I then read, shieldbashing, I literally chucked this iPod across my room, then notices it was plugged in to charger.

On the note of how fire arrows work (If they go in the game that is)
    You could keep then just as normal fire and then upgrade the price of the arrows, dependent on what the server owner would want from his/her server, and because this special arrow could do more damage then bombs, the default would be something like $30.

Fellere, your special base, would no longer work when this is introduced. ;)

Oh, one last thing to the devs, I really hope that you guys stay in the same direction as you have been, that is focussing on bugs, because you will probably see an influx of bugs, as you would already know, especially with something like water.

But this is ages away (from my guess) but I am looking forward to have some epic matches going again!

~Good work KAG team, keep it up!

fishfinger73, delankski and CoD like this.
  16. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Maybe one of the good parts of buckets could be you could transport water into your moat instead of having to risk you life digging and also let in swimmers.

delankski likes this.
  17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

@Geti: Will you be making sprites for swimming?

delankski likes this.
  18. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Give knights ability to surf with a shield :B):

MCrypa and delankski like this.
  19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

A good way to make fire arrows less devastating is to make it similar to how it is in Far Cry 2. It spreads a short distance (4-8 blocks) and than dies down.

delankski likes this.
  20. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wow that was fast, about a week ago they said that they where working in water and wood , i thought thas we where going to see something about it about in 2 months, 1 week later and we have images and people testing :D

Omarlocho and delankski like this.