1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This week's cool stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 23, 2012.

1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Just one Q,what damage does the wood block take,I mean is the same as Team door or what?

delankski likes this.
  2. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Adding on to that, I assume knights will be able to break wood?

delankski likes this.
  3. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

It takes about 3 hits. Look at the world.png and see how many frames it has.

delankski likes this.
  4. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

If slashes can break wood :door: wood :bridge: wood :ladder:
    Obviously Knights can destroy wooden blocks :)
    even :castle_bg:

5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Damn you half yearly exams, Haven't been able to play for weeks.

delankski likes this.
  6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

You can't be asking the devs specifics right at this moment, remember they need to actually have the item before you can ask hypothetical questions.

Basically the devs know about (bit more) as much as me and you, also most of the questions you ask have no real importance or need to be answered like,
    "How much it would cost"
    Sorry about that little rant.

Anyway great work dev team!

@Geti, Delanski is likeing everything because he is excited! Anyway I wouldn't say that to him, he will only feel the urge to post more, then again you are like his dad from Kay so he might listen! ;)

delankski likes this.
  7. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

My God, this is all unbelievable + ropes are cool!

delankski likes this.
  8. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Thanks! I was just looking for a way to implement the oft-requested fire arrows in a way that requires a skill floor, could be used tactically, could be adequately defended against, and promotes teamwork. I surely understand how terrible it'd be if your buildings suddenly burned from behind you because of a few bored archers making full power shots into the air. But at the end of the day, I trust any decision you make; I'm still around for some reason, after all. :D
    Oh god... He's out-Noburuing Noburu!

Don't you dare like this.

9. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I DARE MY SELF to like it :p

:shad:
    EDIT: Noburu hacked me :(
    (Noburu Likes this)
    jk :)

Ghozt likes this.
  10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

by this week, they meen "a few months" :rollseyes:

11. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

The Post i don't like for my whole life .
    Traveled to the Past to search more post, Been trapped for few years in a big jail just to trespass threads and like posts.
    But this , i don't know . May the Odds be ever in your favor my friend :) By this week means week , you can see with your two eyes :) Week is week, not month :)
    off topic :
    KAG FORUM Near 6000 members :D

12. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

how about this: fire arrows are in fact arrows with a bomb on top of them!
    that makes them cost 21 coins, and 9 more to actually make a fire arrow out of them.
    is thirty coins for one fire arrow a good price? you'd have to kill three knights to get one...
    this would make it less chaotic, and balance fire a bit more.
    combined with the idea of a watershop (a well) where you can buy a bucket of water,
    this should not be OP at all!

EDIT:
    a safe castle would place some stone every ten blocks, to make sure fire doesnt spread too much,
    and use wood for quick archer towers and stuff thats not very important. (the last two stacks of blocks in a tower, for example:
    if the enemies get that far, it wont matter if it takes 3 or 6 hits)
    I ask you: PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING FIRE ARROWS! even if they'd cost fifty coins to make them, i wanna shoot a corpse with them,, and lauch the flaming body at my enemies with a catapult!

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What he means is that while we may 'get it in a week', it probably won't be balanced for a while.

He's also probably still referencing how zombies were quoted for like January-ish but took until a few weeks ago to be officially released.

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

but instead of keeping it hidden, they actually gave us their prototype of it,
    while they worked hard to get the bugs out of it!

Dark_Ham and xChapx like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't think that was fully intended, Test was open to the public but not publically spoken of to keep things 'under wraps' but allow us testers to get more people we play with in (because fuck if we try to wait for each other to always be on), just so happens that some sneaky people got in and then posted videos everywhere about water, at which point it just had to be posted officially.

Sadly this is also the reason that now test build will probably only be available to testers meaning we can't just get 5 people on by yelling at friends to hop on and test new variables for this thing or that.

16. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Could you please put a link to Water being tested? I've had a look on Youtube and couldn't find any videos of that. :D

17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Okay, guys, seriously. When they say, "This week's features," it means what they're working on, NOT WHAT IS COMING THIS WEEK. Fuck's sake.

BoiiW likes this.
  19. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

This week... every week in KAG is a great adventure! :)

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

If you're going to give archers flaming arrows, at least nerf their regular arrows somewhat. Maybe they should only do damage if traveling faster than a certain speed relative to their target, instead of acting like firecrackers even when they are essentially hanging in the air? You'd basically be giving them real firecrackers anyway.

EDIT:
    I haven't seen this video posted here yet. I think it's really cool. Might be useful if mining were changed to involve more deep quarries rather than little rock pockets everywhere.