1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This week's cool stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 23, 2012.

1. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

They should just make some wave action in the water which drags people with them. Maybe we could have drowning and new scuba gear?

Beef likes this.
  2. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I never really cared for overworld, but, what you said there... is it possible right now with "clever server administration and some basic scripting" or it *will* (*may*, lol xD) be possible in the future? Having a large map in a server divided into n-parts its something I've been trying to figure out with no luck :( so that if Red wins, you go to the "left" side of the map, Blue wins, you go to right until a final map/castle after weeks of playing (maybe saving the current maps over the original to have a sense of continuity) and maybe even keep a score... that's kinda what MM said IIRC in the "Jurassic KAG" days.

So, is it possible or it may be possible?

3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Maybe stone blocks should cost like 30 stone, because as of now its very spammable, and stone structures are just to strong, this way during building phase their won't be giant monoliths erected in seconds, and people will NEED to work together to hold off enemies, not just 1 builder completely shutting down armies by placing 1 stone block that they can mine 10 stone for before an enemy builder breaks it, the offensive capability crushes the ability to remove the items.
    Literally, a ledge with a stone block placed on it overhanging so knights can;t come up, is blown up by a bomb, instantly replaced for somthing that can be mined in 2 seconds, just a thought.
    This increase in cost is obviously changeable server side, but it will also make use of wooden structures, maybe it should be set as a default cost?

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

JacKD: "So, is it possible or it may be possible?" - Not quite possible yet, but I'm talking MM into binding the current blobs to the AS scripting engine next week so that we can re-code gold hunt without adding more hacks, for example. Changing the map to something specific is possible with the current GM scripting engine, but as you can't check various parameters (like "has blue won?") you can't make it happen at specific enough times yet, without a moderator in the server loading the correct maps when needed.

@Lostpix: maybe, though even with the source available to you guys I doubt much headway would be made due to the state of the current engine. We're gonna sort out some form of scripting though, which might technically allow you to have "multiple maps" running in the same actual map and teleport people around based on what they do.

@Blue:
    Siege - duh.
    Water/Fire - well water's semi-working now, just have to finish arguing about how drowning should work. Gotta sort out exactly how putting out fire will work and code a bucket that can be filled up in the water, but yeah this is planned for completion.
    Scripting - I'm going to work with MM on this side of stuff next week once we've got water and wood blocks releaseable (along with some fixes from Ryan if I understand correctly) - ideally we'll bind all of the main blob functions and vars (and component ones), give read-access to pretty much all of the rules values and allow blobs to have components added and removed at will, as a starter. This means rather than blob configs it'll likely be more flexible to have a blob startup script and script functions that hook in-game functions (Reset/Spawn, onTick, onHit, onKill at least -> can influence unit counter, can do something each update, can cheat damage, whatever else). We'll be working closely with the testing team on this, so, you know, be around for it.
    Movable blocks - as long as they're moving slow this will be possible and is part of the plans for below.
    Larger Blocks is possible and planned (get on test IRC and talk to rayne a bit more about this) - Smaller is yucky. There'll be the ability to make "stairs" of alternative half-high and full-height blocks, but the way we're planning on setting this out rules out "combining" smaller blocks in the same tile space.
    Custom blocks - we need to sort out how this part is gonna work as I really dont want this kind of modding in classic.

I'm also planning on making the editor not-retarded very soon so that you can actually build dungeon maps and change the water level and have mobs in deathmatch and so on.

tl;dr blue gets what he wants eventually. everything turned out unexpected.

Saverous - yes a wave action and current direction is planned, the latter will likely be tied to wind direction. Probably won't make it into the initial release of water though.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh yeah all block costs and buildable blocks are in a config next build too.

Dark_Ham, Noburu, FlameHaze3 and 2 others like this.
  6. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

AH! DOUBLE POST!

On topic:

Off topic:
    Geti, to busy for mumble?

7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Can't wait for the block cost to be changeable, because as of now, it's rather broken placing stone for next-to-nothing lol.

JacKD likes this.
  8. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

I see you mentioned wind direction. So is wind going to effect arrows?

9. how about lava? and one thing i like to be in kag a tornado :) and rain and thudner

10. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

How come i can't find any water in the test build?
    Do you have to change some variable in the files?
    Also, wind, loving the idea, when all this is done, including the arrow shield thats carriable, archers won't be as OP as they are now, looking forward to it!

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

block costs

FUCK YES \o/
    (Also fuck yes to all the other things)

JacKD, sj67 and FlameHaze3 like this.
  12. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

is it possible to destroy water?

13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Water Evaporates :)
    Try to destroy water in real life (You can't).
    Maybe fire can make evaporation process to water

14. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

But water will distinguish extinguish, harrharr, the fire D:
    What about, if you light a fire one block under the water, it will start "Cooking" and when it's boiling, enemies will burn themselves trying to swim over the water? Of course, you need to constantly refill the water (Evaporation)

15. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Let us certainly hope not! If fire were to become self-aware:

[​IMG]

P.S. I think you meant water will extinguish fire.

EDIT: Nice edit there to fix the problem MCrypa :)

MCrypa, FuzzyBlueBaron and delankski like this.
  16. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

They have allready stated what will be put in the game, not intricate crap like evaporation, water > fire, done.

17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Also known as anti-grief.

18. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Oh God No! I have to many flashbacks of me falling into lava and dying from Minecraft already. :QQ:
    *Shudders*

xChapx and Noburu like this.
  19. lol how about slime (not the the from minecraft)

20. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

now i am a little dissapointed because of overworld i really would like to be the knight Captain that protects the King ,but i know that not everything is possible, i will continue playing and waiting for more updates and lets see what plans the future haves for KAG

Edit: Now i am a little excited because now they can concentrate in other new stuff for kag instead of making overworld

Omarlocho likes this.