1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Thunderbluff [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Didgedy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Map name: Thunderbluff
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yep
    Special features: Most stone on this map is located around the cliff walls, so that camping on any plateaus is going to be hard to do if you aren't going to sacrifice the integrity of your natural defensive area. They are also made easy to scale through the inside, if care is not taken to protect it. Bedrock is also placed along cliff walls, so they can be scaled even if the map degenerates. Central inner place has a shark. Some natural light sources in the caves.
    Map: Didgedy_ThunderBluff.png
    Map name: Didgedy_Thunderbluff

Clev, The_Osz and bunnie like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

actually, a pretty original map, one of the most original, i'd say. not sure how it will play, though

also, +1 for name :wink:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Didgedy and The_Osz like this.
  3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

the ratholes seem like theyd be annoying for players to try to defend. The fat pits would also, imo, stagnate gameplay because the only way to gain ground is aerial(or just into what some players might affectionately call a deathpit).

4. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

SO, I redid 3 minor things
    1. I added more bedrock under each teams hill, so rats can't go annoyingly deep and build a tunnel that takes 30 minutes to get rid of;
    2. I touched up the top of the middle plateau a bit to make engagements there less flat (pun not intended).
    3. Lowered the ceiling a little bit so that you can't make artillery completely out of reach.
    Didgedy_ThunderBluff.png
    But in regards to Punks worries, I think they are why this map would be interesting - I meant for this to be a map where proper artillery management would be crucial for assaulting your opponents defense, and defending against offensive builders would be a concern from the start, rather than someone randomly noticing a tunnel under your base when it's too late.

5. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Its gonna be pretty difficult to get back into the base if someone builds a wall next to the cliff
    it would be a nice change of pace on the officials

6. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected - The mapping team has decided to reject this map.
    If you want to know what lead the mapping team to this decision please message me here on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#6332)