1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ticket CTF and TTH

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Jan 9, 2014.

?

Should the Game Modes of Ticket CTF and TTH be Added?

1. Yes

85.4%
  2. No

14.6%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Leo

Leo Haxor

I tag @sinitreo in this topic. I know what I am talking about :wink:

2. I would love to play on the ticket system again, honest this brought more cautious tactics to play and honestly I think this is how it should be for a lot of servers because that would make games more interesting and make some shortages instead of a wealthy game

3. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

If there's a demand and a mod for it, I would't mind setting up a dedicated eu server or two. My vps is doing nothing at the moment anyway, so don't hesitate. I believe there are a mods for this, but I can't find any.

4. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

I know this thread is old af, I was just looking to see if a thread like this has been made. I would love to see tickets in kag, at least its own gamemode. Tons of people come up with these great ideas, such as adding tickets, and it never gets added. To prevent camping when its a 1v1 situation or something of that sort, there should be a timer when there are __ amount of tickets left, so people will have to get out of their base and kill the enemy team or they will not get the glory of winning, and it will be a stalemate. For example, Blue team has 5 players left. Red team has 3 players left. As soon as Red was down to 5 tickets left, a timer started.

I would rather just bump this thread then make a thread for it, considering threads in "Suggestions & Ideas" get locked for the dumbest reasons. Just look at the votes at the top of this thread. Most people including me would love for this to be implemented.

tl;dr
    add tickets

I would love for this to at least be an official gamemode in KAG. Thank you for your time.

-Horse/Camren

5. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I think the general deal these days is that the dev team is doing a slow wrap-up on this game, to free up manpower for other projects. Sure, they'll try to fix bugs, but if you're looking for anything that's not already in the game, its DIY.

Geti has indicated that any well put together community contributions can and will be rolled into the mainline game if submitted and approved, though.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Again, this is very old, but it seems the correct place to say this:
    Ticket system was a very interesting mechanic and affected the strategy a LOT.
    In example, tickets would make reliable playing defensive in CTF (something totally pointless in the current game, since there's no award in being pushed back to your base, because the defender team will lose, eventually). If tickets added, a team with a good defense could manage to drop enemy's lives quicker than the attackers reach the defender's flag.

I would really like tickets being implemented in "CTF n° 2" servers (at least in US, but whatever region) so people who like to play without it can simply join to N° 1.

If someone mod it ,will the devs consider it?

7. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

a ticket mod already exists for ctf, on ocassion I host it.

bru-jaz likes this.
  8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

sweet. i remember having seen a server like that time ago. But its been down for ages, doesnt it?

9. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

If I recall correctly, KAG beta had plans for farming, with more if a focus on base building and managing. Although I don't think the current CTF would ever do well this way, I think a good ticket system would be based on your teams farms. It would put more focus on security and would create opportunities for sneaky archers to infiltrate a base and cut off the enemy's most valuable resource: spawns.

On the downside, this may cause an increase in builders and some teams would get steamrolled due to a shortage of knights and archers.

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: Rainbows