1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TR] Demo Build 2!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geti, May 11, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

One question, not really sure how to "upload" my texture pack?

2. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Post your texture pack in the Resources section, please read through the rules regarding posting resources which can be found here.

jimmyzoudcba and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. LegendBeta

Thanks @Skinney but it's a little more complicated, I can't post the resource under trench run mods?

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sorry about that; should be fixed now. <3

blackjoker77777 and Geti like this.
  5. LegendBeta

Thank you, will submit it this afternoon!

6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Do TR posts not show up for anyone else in the announcement section unless you actually open the section? I only see the ergonomics kag thread until i open the whole section.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Noburu That's due to a quirk with the forums - I post them there, then move them to here and leave a redirect. Once the forums are properly set up for multiple games (rather than still so KAG focussed), announcements will go in some THD Announcements forum where you can stay up to date with everything, but for now I'm sandboxing the TR content in here. Hope that makes sense (and good to see you!)

Noburu likes this.
  8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

:D Thanks i thought it was something like that but I wanted to be sure. Also im always around. Just mostly stick to my convos :P Eagerly awaiting multiplayer for TR :D

Geti likes this.
  9. You're not alone in the slightest.

SirDangalang, Sturm and Noburu like this.
  10. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Will there be any engine improvements over KAG release like optimizations or expanded modding API?

It looks like we have some more shaders to work with. FWICT, I'm guessing you could port all of vanilla KAG into TR with enough patience. I don't know why you would want to do that unless the new engine had better performance, but it gives the impression that you basically get a well-polished KAG mod for the money. Either way I'll probably buy it though lol

11. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

IIRC KAG and TR engine are fully merged now.
    If new stuff comes up in TR's engine it also will in KAG's.
    Sadly I couldn't get shaders to work in a mod, they only did when I did put them in the Shaders folder.

SirDangalang and Chrispin like this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

AsuMagic is right, we're trying to keep the engine versions in sync. Honestly that's proving to be quite a pain but it's more likely that the changes flow back into KAG than not.

Re: porting all of each game back and forward - you could, I don't see why you would though.

TR itself has quite a bit of work going into systems outside of the engine as well though (both in scripts and in backend stuff, though we'll see how far the latter goes); I guess you could say it's a "well polished KAG mod", but that's an oversimplification, and akin to saying counter strike is still a half-life mod. They use the same engine but they are by no means the same game.

13. Nice one.I'll give it a test run.

14. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

TrenchRunPrisoner.png
    Fresh Meat.

Hey Geti, there's a glitch when you press "esc" as the game ends it will continue to auto start. This is an extremely minor glitch but just wanted to notify you.

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

The music in TR is beyond anything I've ever heard, I just left it playing today because the menu themes is awesome.
    Pumped AF for multiplayer, especially to kill Gurin with whatever he hates the most :rekt:

Pinning this thread until a new demo comes out.

J-man2003 and Kinpump like this.
  16. You've got @Kinpump to thank for that. :)

Kinpump likes this.
  17. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

FYI most of the bugs you found/will find in the demo build are already fixed. The latest test build is far more updated than the demo.

18. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

@101i : Glad you like the music! Looking forward to you hearing the full soundtrack :)

TBA_LordKnight and butterscotch like this.
  19. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

I must buy this game
    When it comes on Steam?

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

As soon as it's out. Hopefully end of this year.

Mods: 101i, Mazey