1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Free Weekend ON NOW! 5-7 FEB!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Nop
    morelike over9000 deaths per seconds, deathless medics ressurecting everyone and mad engineers shooting rockets while drunk
    and VIP bar with b00bz ofc

SirDangalang and Joiken like this.
  2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Nice stuff! Although it's very confusing in the start, it's pretty fun nevertheless!

3. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

4. Just spent a great hour playing it! Awesome stuff guys!!!

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Had some great games with awesome people, along with some sweet snipes! :B): The game really does come alive when you have an busy lobby. Can't wait for release and have the players flood in :heart:

Also me and George be be bros :r_flex:::D::flex:

MeAndGeorge.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  6. BarsukEughen555

y u forget mad engineer who fir'd u all way long?

SirDangalang and Joiken like this.
  7. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Gosh, the controls feels so weird. Probably better with gamepad. Strange that there is no built-in gamepad support. You should fix that asap. I dunno why you didn't go with keyboard+mouse like with KAG though. Oh well, I hope I get to try it out a little more. Not exactly sure what to make of it yet, but it doesn't feel quite as satisfying as KAG did/does.

Edit: I spoke too soon. You can in fact map to a joypad/joystick.

Blue_Tiger and SirDangalang like this.
  8. Bint

Bint Haxor

Seems to work on mac now :thumbs_up::QQ:
    Mines are :thumbs_up::QQ:
    New palettes and flashbang look :thumbs_up::QQ:

Mazey likes this.
  9. Bruno-Brazuka

Bruno-Brazuka Base Burner

I'm officially hooked in TR :heart:
    Blam ! Blam ! 25252525
    Me::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

10. BarsukEughen555

C4 is rek'
    make bigger area of explosion please

11. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

WOOOHOOO !!! THANKS !

12. Just had the most intense basketball match ever with @TerranMarine

J-man2003, Geti and TerranMarine like this.
  13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Engineer has me laughing my ass off. I think this is the best thing you guys could do tbh. C4 is really fun to use and rockets feel satisfying when you land them. Gonna get some friends to play this weekend

Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hah, I'm glad you like it guys. :)

15. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Huh, KAG doesn't run properly on my laptop anymore and I've been missing it quite a bit, maybe this will replace the KAG nostalgia feeling, I'll see how it is and if I like it my wallet will probably cry again.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's intentional for the weekend, we'll see how it goes. We felt that commando could use a little bit of curbing, especially in skirmish, so there's a bit of paper scissors rock going on.
    Oh man yeah shit we should have thought about how similar the games are
    - class based
    - 2d sidescrolling
    - multiplayer
    - fun
    and that's where we run out of strong comparisons to make I'm afraid. Give it a go, it's free as in beer all weekend.

We need to work on this for sure, but I feel like KAG does a worse job of being noob-friendly than TR.

Glad you guys are enjoying it, hope I get some time to play while the lobbies are fuller and I'll be checking out the stats in each region on monday for review. Hope to see more medics out there than the last couple of weeks!

Osmal, stabborazz, franek123 and 4 others like this.
  17. Medic is awesome man, we have that jedi saber bullet reflection thingy! one of my favs tbh

18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

1) I love the new engineer. but it think it's totally different than before, like it could even coexist as a different class. At least it would be nice to see both kinds playable in a future mod.
    An old engineer traping himself as a mole and the new one threatening him with the new c4. Could be fun.
    2) Could you make in the future local "run" mode coop with other humans? I know the problem in that mode is sharing the scrolling screen, but forcing players to be in the same team could be enough to be playable. (obviously one cant simply rush if another human is still in the back of the screen, but at least it's not single player.)
    3) in the faar future, could you make a "test" stage (as singleplayer sandbox in KAG) when you could choose every class and test it against a wall/dummy. Because it's frustrating having to learn every new aspect of a class within a match, having to wait it to the end every time you commit a mistake for not knowing how it works.
    That could save you from having to make a tutorial, just having a blank map with no enemies and a picture sheet with some icons with the classes and their attacks.

J-man2003 and Achillios like this.
  19. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

sounds like a very good idea. :)

J-man2003, PussyDestroyer and bru-jaz like this.
  20. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Thanks! (glad someone read what i write)
    The map design could be simple as this:
    tst.PNG
    Notice the different altitudes to test the range / accuracy of the weapons of each class.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    J-man2003 and Achillios like this.