1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Free Weekend ON NOW! 5-7 FEB!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Gud jab pussy. I think, nobody will beat you :3

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Bugs:
    - C4 reflecting assault bullets like a shield.
    - Nades blowing up on map edges for no reason.
    - Assault bullets not going through map edges.
    Also not sure if i should buy Crocodile or Fancy Suit #firstworldproblem
    [​IMG]

bru-jaz, abels and SirDangalang like this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Screw a suit or crocodile, buy one hundred basketballs

5. franek123

Too late, bought croc. This fat bastard is too lazy to even change frames ;-; Gatu pls gibe my money back.
    (you can use it as trampoline tho)

abels and PussyDestroyer like this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Really pleased with the turn out.

For those having trouble logging in:
    Can you please let us know exactly what is failing, and the steps you need to take to make it fail. Please include your keyboard layout if it's not EN-US/QWERTY, your OS and OS version, and if you have any fancy characters in your password.
    We're aware that the input screen for that is substandard - it's something MM hacked together reasonably quickly and isn't treated by the OS as a normal input field, so there's all sorts of problems with it. We're not trolling you, we just need to know where it's not working so we can add that functionality.

Game Comment Responses:
    - engineer op!
    sort of :) the explosion time of the assault's grenade can be worked around by cooking the grenade, which allows very exact positioning almost anywhere within the screen (including around corners). The C4 can be destroyed, but it can be finicky particularly if it's still in the air (though I've seen mid-air shots with sniper).

- infinite crates? madness!
    We'll definitely be changing it to some limit. Currently we're thinking 5 crates worth.

- different radius explosives maybe?
    The radius is unlikely to be changed, as keeping it the same between the explosives keeps it consistent to understand where is safe/where isnt. If it was different ranges for each explosive it'd be quite hard to eye-ball the distance in the thick of battle. Things are chaotic enough as it is.

- AI very stupid
    I think I know which changes caused this :) I'll be writing a semi-proper engineer AI for next build.

- both versions of engineer could co-exist!
    We're set on 5 classes for the 5v5 run format. Definitely possible in a mod though if someone's feeling creative. We felt that the desync on the rocket was too bad to be included in the finished game; and it's much too unstable a system to be an easy fix, unfortunately.

- should be called demo-man
    We're definitely considering a name-change. Demolitions is high on the potential list.

- more warnings for stuff costing money/not being revertable
    Yep, noted. It does make me laugh a little though, the outrage of someone who's accidentally swapped their super suit for a hat.

- layered skins?
    not gonna happen, sorry.

- suicide penalty in skirmish
    might be added. We need to get a maximum round count implemented first though to avoid stalemates and laming from clogging up servers.

- VIP drinks expensive
    This is totally intentional. This is how it works IRL (fancy bars have twice as expensive beer) so its a (fairly lazy and obscure) social commentary. The only benefit of the VIP bar is smoking (which is bad for you) and status. And I guess the lady bartender if you're a bit of a creep. The VIP bar does allow roof access with some sneaky jumping now though which allows retrieving lost balls.

- basketball lost off the edge
    be careful with it :) it does allow some griefing though. We'll consider alternatives but considering the measly cost and that coins will be a fair bit easier to earn once regular/masters lobbies open up (once the population can support them), I'm not too worried about @makmoud98 being a shitter.

- 8 kills skirmish
    this will be coming back soon, but for the free weekend we decided to keep it casual and fast

- bug reports
    thanks! Would be great to have these in some separate threads though

Thanks again for the great turn-out folks. Enjoy the rest of the event, and hopefully some of you liked the game enough to support us and buy it ;)

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Be sure to slam-dunk all day with it. I'll be adding more frames, MM just added it before it was finished so it's kinda like the bison in KAG in some ways ;)

Noburu, franek123 and SirDangalang like this.
  8. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

I liked the gameplay! but but the whole outlook of the game, intro, options screen etc look really cheap and unappealing. I would try getting it a bit more attractive looking if you wanna appeal to more people instead of some hardcore fans.

9. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

This man may be higher right now but SOON. WINE TEAM 4 LIFE :smug:

P.s. get rekted @Vamist :wink:

10. franek123

I think "ENGINEER OP" is mostly about commando vs engi combat. Commando can't destroy C4 coz he would simply kill himself by doing that, so right now engi can easily camp for ever not worrying about any thing vs commando. Maybe it would help if stabbing C4 would defuse it? Also atm flashbang isnt that useful, maybe make it a trigger all kind of explosives (nades, rockets, C4) or at least make it collide with rockets, sniper bullets and other nades, that would create more opportunities for mlg uses of flashbangs.
    Not even mentioning unlimited C4 coz this is MUST change thing.

11. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

my favorite thing to do in lobby is to walk up to the kids playing basketball, steal their ball, and throw it outside of the map. uhhh get rekt

bru-jaz, abels, Blue_Tiger and 5 others like this.
  12. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Lol I managed to check the forum right after the free play expired...::(: I wouldn't have had time to play anyway, though, so eh. :rollseyes:

Slann likes this.
  13. So guys , to see again in next best fovah event about TR. Geti , please give more events about trial to TR. Thanks guys.

Slann likes this.
  14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Code should be expired now and all the users who used it should be back to normal account. I hope guys that you had fun.

EDIT: If you have bought the game - you should be able now to redeem your real code and get TR permanently. :)

abels, SirDangalang, MnMixer and 3 others like this.
  15. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

It say login failed check your password and userame and try again
    i wrote the good pass many time . my pass have capitals number and letters
    my os is windows10
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2016 ---
    also its a qwerty

16. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Did you purchase the game?

17. Furai

There seems to be some error with login, you might want to try to change your pass to something different.

18. Furai

Actually, anyone experiencing that bug - please send me PM here on forums with what passwords have you used. You don't have to really share the exact password but that would help with debugging the issue.
    Sharing password with me is in general a bad idea so if you're hesitant as you ought to be - then just tell me how long your password was and what kind of signs did it contain. Any special characters?
    [alphanumeric, alphanumeric with capital letters, special characters - !@#$%^&*() etc., space, High ASCII signs - śćßçáüñœöáõøãä etc. (and anything not not in default ASCII table, let's call it unicode scope)]

19. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

checkin' it out rn.

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You can't unless you buy the game, the free weekend is over.