1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trolled On a "Peaceful" Server (This is Why We Need The Kick Function)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I don't even know where this thread belongs, but I'm making it anyway, because I'm upset right now. Let me tell you the story:

Recently, in search of a place to cooperatively sandbox, a friend and I joined a 6-person server titled "M|D|N!| 4 PEACE W7 GOD-MODE".

Emphasis on the "PEACE". We assumed this was a peaceful server. We noticed right away that it was a TTH server and the two teams were full capable of killing each other, but we assumed that was because Beta currently had no sandbox mode, so this was the best the server owner could do.

So, we go about our business, minecrafting, making a trampoline cannon, trying to launch ourselves across the map. Several people who clearly didn't read the server title came on, but we quickly informed them that this was a "peace" server, as the title made clear, and they agreed not to attack. Those who wanted to fight just left and went to another server.

Enter Ov3rkiller.

This guy comes to our base, starts bouncing on the trampolines and in general getting in the way. We remove the trampoline he's derping around on and tell him to move out of the way.

So he does move. To the bottom of our tower. And starts slashing at it.

Now, parts of the tower were wood, so he was doing damage, and if we left him to his own devices, it was clear he was going to destroy it. We told him several times to stop, but when that failed, we switched to Knight and killed him.

What followed was him not responding to any of our pleas to stop and relentlessly jumping into the base (which wasn't exactly designed with defense in mind, making it very easy for him) until he got to our hall and captured it, restarting the map and making all of our hard work disappear.

He then promptly left the server.

If that doesn't make it clear that this guy is a troll, I don't know what does, but this incident brings to mind a couple of things that really ought to be addressed SOON:

- Bring back Sandbox Mode (Why isn't it there anymore? It used to be.)
    - Fix the broken kick function. (The team Ov3rkiller was one also wanted him gone, but they couldn't do anything about it, and neither could we, because kick is broken.)

Sandbox servers used to be a thing, and they SHOULD be a thing again in Beta, considering all the new content and different physics. At the very least, the kick function needs to be made functional again. I don't think it's asking too much to have preventative measures put in place to keep trolls like Ov3rkiller from being complete and utter dicks.

That is all.

giggiggiggiggig likes this.
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

A sandbox mode can be modded pretty easily (I've heard). Any other kind of complaint you've written would have to be addressed to the servers owner, in this case someone called "Boss|MDN", well that's his name on IRC, he's often idling in #kag.

The thing with votekicking really is an issue, but has been reported as bug a few hours ago, so I think it won't take all too long until that's fixed. While you're at it, suggest him that he could maybe need admins.

Oh, here's the bug report, incase you're wondering if I'm making this up.
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/cannot-votekick-anyone.16342/

3. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

Although there actually is a sandbox ruleset, its just a modified version of WAR(TTH) and does still allow damage and victory.

WAR is actually unfinished itself.

if you really want to sandbox with your friend, you can always make your own server and lock it.