1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trolls on servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neat, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I recently went on a server only to find that trolls had taken it over. I got kicked from the game trying to get the griefers kicked who were blocking our base from the inside, preventing exit, destroying ladders under the tent so you couldn't change class, also they were harassing people. They know who they are, but still, pm me if you want to know names of certain people.

There seriously needs to be more admins about as there's no way to stop these majority trolls from joining a server and doing whatever they want, since the kick option works entirely on majority vote (which is not a bad thing, just too abusable right now) Not to mention the kicking and restarting vote does not have a typed reason, meaning trolls and griefers can trick the enemy team into voting you off the game, they can't see what you're doing and see you're on the enemy team, have no reason other than that given to kick you, so they all spam F12. Having a typed reason would not require much programming, and for the sake of the community of the game, I feel this needs to be implemented soon. Either that, or have the vote-kick only count for members of the team that person is on, so only people on their team can vote for them. This may also present some problems, which I can't think of right now, but if you ask me, anything is better than the current easily abusable system.

*awaits cool story bro cause I care*

2. Neat

Also, I don't like double posting, but this is ridiculous. I just got voted off a server for saying over all chat "YOU IDIOTS" once, when they restarted the map. This does not deserve a kick, especially when I had a 4.+ kdr and was helping my team raid gold before they restarted the map... Too easily abused.

3. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

Map restart does suck when you're having a good game, but unfashionable language to all parties isn't going to win you any votes.

Or rather ironically, it will win you the kick vote.

I do agree the voting system could use a bit of tweaking though.

4. Vania

Vania Guest

Welcome to multiplayer gaming...

There's nothing the developers can do if a majority of players are trolls.
    A vote system is useful against a couple griefers but if your whole team is retarded I advice you switch servers.

5. Neat

Switch servers? Heh, nice to see you've been playing the same game... In case you hadn't noticed, there are never any other servers up with more than 2 people in said server. Everyone clusters to one server at a time, once that gets disconnected or a game ends or something theres usually a period where everyone buggers off to the next server, and that gets busy. You don't switch servers. I've been in multiplayer gaming for years, never have I seen something quite this bad. Granted, what I said was wrong and that much is obvious, I admit it, it was heat of the moment anger, but still... My point still stands the voting system is flawed.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't think there's anything wrong with the voting system - it just makes the assumption that a larger number of the players will be legitimate rather than griefing.
    Last night I moved to the Europe Dev server after being in the same game and slowly we accrued people - when 1 griefer arrived we kicked them immediately. When you're playing with good people, the kicking system works. We're probably going to put weighted voting in soon so that people with a higher in-game reputation are worth 2 votes on the tally, but we need the accounts system working first.

tl;dr: Trolls suck, moving server works, we're looking into fixes.

7. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well,clans are one more solution...They must go by the rules or they are kicked...I know this will grow in a huge and popular game as soon as you manage to fix few bugs,lag and some other minor stuff!Geti is right,if you are in a good team,all is ok,but MANY time people just dont see the msg you write in team chat cause it is so damn small XD and sh*t start to happen :l