1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trophy/Earned title suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Shadlington, Feb 9, 2012.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. I think making 1000 posts that are decent quality will do the trick.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Yeah, but then you can only get the best title by being a likewhore.
    If you want to post something serious, you have to put some joke in it,
    sounds a little stupid to me.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 2, 2013 2:07 PM ---</br>
    ...or I could just delete all posts I didn't get likes for....

3. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

My problem would be that I think 2 is silly, 3 is stalking, 4 is lifeless and 5 is questionable.

inactive_account likes this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Gofio likes this.
  5. Good excuse for every shitposter out there.

Kouji likes this.
  6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

To all those discouraged with their bad ratios: When I was at 300 posts I had less than 100 likes. I didn't even break even until I was around 1000 posts.

In today's like economy it's ridiculously easy to recover from a bad ratio, without even using any of the dumb shit mentioned.

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

when i was at 800 posts, ~60% of my posts were shitposts, and i only had ~300 likes, now i'm 1.5k posts and 2.9k likes.

post useful shit and stop shitposting if you want a high like count, basically.

edit: hell, now that i think about it, i've posted a few maps this week for the beta, and those got me quite a bit of likes, why dont you guys go make some maps :P?

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

But should we actually give a shit about how many likes we have compared to posts? It's just a number, on the internet...

9. Rayne

>cool guy doesn't care about likes

some people do care, and i was only trying to get them to contribute to the community more, if they wanted to raise that "number on the internet"

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Don't be silly, who cares about likes? It's trophy points we want.

Sir_Walter, feet and inactive_account like this.
  11. One

Yeah, I get what you mean. But personally I think it would be better if people posted what they thought was right, not what will get them the most likes.

12. Rayne

some people just dont think that way man, and you cant change how people think with just a post on the internet.

better to have them contribute something useful to get likes than to have them spamming >le memes from reddit for likes.

PumpkingSlice and Arcrave like this.
  13. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Nope. Members of the community will contribute cause they want to, not for likes. Modders will continue modding if likes are removed. Map makers will continue to make maps if likes are removed.

The only purpose likes serve is... well, I actually can't think of one.

NinjaCell likes this.
  14. i like how only people who barely have any likes are against them

15. One

Meh, not really against them per se, I just don't think they should affect what we post. I guess I will just never understand why people do care

I never thought I would change anything, all I was doing was displaying my opinion.

16. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I like how some people hold internet points in such high regard. Reminds me I'm not so bad afterall.

Beef likes this.
  17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Since likes aren't that important they have been removed from a select group of people. GG

Beef, feet, dnmr and 3 others like this.
  18. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Shouldn't you remove the trophies we earned as well? Those aren't important either, you know.

Gofio likes this.
  19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

kouji u scary. i will tread lightly even more so now...

20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Trophies are handled with a "has X happened?" check, not an "is X happening atm?" check. This means that once obtained a trophy will stick with you though thick & thin, somewhat like a good friend or a bad penny.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97