1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Squad, Go!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadlington, Aug 7, 2011.

1. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Sure, actors are essential as well.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Tutorial list is coming along nicely guys, thanks (BIG thanks to Neat!)

Of course you are welcome Carver!

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I think (With the current lag situation) I should just be put down as a training dummy :D

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I maybe MAYBE can do it, but I can't be sure of anything. I'd still like to help and participiate.

5. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

I'd love to join, and I can film.
    (It's in good quality too, and I can do it pretty much on-demand. Videos are available almost immediately after recording, and I have 'em in avi format. I'm not doing anything crazy with the codecs either, so I wont randomly lose recordings.)
    However, I cannot give audio commentary. I'd need someone else to do that.

We need to cover the roles of each class, what they can do, and what is effective.

Builder will need many tutorials, as most newbies try to play it first. (since it involves the least combat)

Say you're Blue, the enemy comes from the right. Your goal needs to be to slow down all movement from the right and to speed up all movement from the left. That's the whole point.

Also, don't build little castles around your flag. Build forward bases. Hold the line. That's another important topic to address.

6. Monsteri

Yeah, but we should wait until the new release is out.

Because it'll so dramatically change the game.

7. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

The basic principles of how to play each class haven't changed, especially the builder. (Aside from needing to design buildings around fall damage, but that's something we can address. We could always film the test version.)

8. Shadlington

We're waiting for the full release of the next build... But that should be quite soon.

9. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

I can do voiced videos, and server hostings When my pc will be working again. (recently crashed)

10. If you need a workhorse, I'm your man. I can't quite record video at the moment, but will be able to soon when my new hardware arrives. I can do voice, if the accent isn't a problem!

11. Shadlington

Uhhh it depends on the accent really.

Glad to have even more people on board :D

12. Monsteri

I'm shy and I don't want to do voice

13. Ah I dunno, the accents a bit like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8 NSFW

I'm only joking, i'm from dublin, those guys are form Limerick. Think kinda like Colin Farrel or Brendan Gleeson? Similar areas we grew up in.

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Umm, If that's NSFW then I'd like to know what's XXX...

15. Shadlington

Don't worry, we only needed a few voice guys and we have more than enough now :)

16. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Don't want to interrupt you with your recording but some weeks ago I suggested a possible sequence of learning for a quickstart-map. So something like the current "challenges" but moreover an ingame tutorial which isn't so long but still explains almost all features of KAG and how to play the CTF mode.
    I still hope I/someone can achieve this (I'll try when I finally have my mapeditor key) but I just thought maybe you can get some ideas from it for your video tutorials. :)

17. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Can we do this now? The build has been out for ages.

18. Shadlington

Yesyes, good point.
    We need to get organised.

19. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Well I'm up for it today (Plans have changed due to the mf'ing hurricane. >>)

20. Rioja

Rioja Ballista Bolt Thrower

I can do voice and video. Video may be low quality unfortunately because Fraps doesnt seem to agree with KAG. When i get home i'll try reinstall both Fraps and KAG.