1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Squad, Go!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadlington, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

I can set up some more organization, I'm running 2 clans after all. But for now I'll just write a script and see how you guys like it.

2. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Making tutorials is very simple, there's no need to write a script or capture a video.

You just need to write lists :
    • A list of "common actions" : stuff every class can do, like changing class, destroying dirt block, jumping on people...
    • A list of actions that knights can do, how to hit, how to shield...
    • List of archers' actions : how to shoot, jump on arrows, play dead...
    • List for builders : how to choose a block, how to mine...
    • A list of what builders should do, and what they shouldn't.
    It takes maximum 2 hours to write and proof-read :/

That's what I did on my website, but it's in French. It's very useful because it's extremely fast to read, and you can come back at any time to read it again if you forgot something.

3. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

I'd like to help, but...
    I live in Holland, at GMT+1, UTC+2. It seems like most of you live elsewhere.

I can only film, however, I have experience as a builder and as a knight.

4. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Neat,we can talk on IRC later if you want.All that is needed now is to really start with making something.
    It took 20 minutes to record the basic stuff,2 hours max for everything to be recorded.
    Later it is just the thing in editing...We can make class by class tutorials,or one longer video of all classes.
    I will upload preview today.

5. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Okay, what's the IRC? I've never been on it.

6. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

go here http://webchat.quakenet.org/ and write :Chosen and under it #heavyartillery and join.Im there.

7. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I'm sorry about the lack of organisation... I had the time for all this a month or so ago, but then everything exploded.

There is no reason it has to be me organising this... I'm happy to see that it looks like other folks are stepping up to take this on too :)

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

We need a script Kiro, otherwise it's going to be unprofessional, as czubai said earlier in this thread.

We should all try and meet up on IRC together really, but i'll talk to Ha1ter first. No worries shadlington, I didn't mean you specfically, I meant the whole thing.

9. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Also don't make long vids, guys, if you don't want them to become useless or even misleading after a few weeks. The game is changing, it will be way easier to update if you have organised series of small clips for every aspect of the game. We discussed that with Shad, so credits for him. ;)

Shadlington likes this.
  10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Already uploading parts of videos.They are raw and huge,but can be used seperate for new builds etc.

11. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

If you need i can reserve my server for your use...

12. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was thinking: Why not make a non-stop newbie/newcommer`s server. New players or people who find the ''real world'' to hard to get used to, could play on the newbie server with other newbies for some time untill they fill they have sharpened theyre skills and are ready to face the real war.

If you think about it enough you would say: But wait, pro players could sneak into newbie server to get some easy kills. Well that is true, but if my level implementation suggestion, wich would only be like a tag of how good a player is, gets to be added, the newbie server could allow access to players below 20-25 or so.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Laurentiu: That is pretty much every server in the game right now.

14. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Levels? Meh. May be a good idea, as long as it would only be a status symbol, and for that function you just described, I think. Not sure though. Never really thought abou it.