1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tutorial squad reactivated - KAG CRASH COURSE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by archont, Nov 9, 2011.

1. LightzZ

LightzZ Shipwright

I can help but my english is crap '-'

Then why post? -FinDude

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I'm most evenings availiable, I will sign in in this as an actor like I did in the old one, if I only am needed :)

3. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Strech likes this.
  4. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

Will write a longer post sunday, for now a note about the archer videos:

Great great work on those.

- I like the fixed camera, it makes everything easier to follow
    - I love the acting and the emoticons, they turn an otherwise boring instructional video into something fun to watch. Great job on that
    - About the only thing we'll have to redo here is the shoot/charge clip. There's no visible cursor and I'd like to show the effective range/flightpath of the 3 different strengths. Shield breaking is neat though.
    - The ambush video is PERFECT. It shows the fun in the game and teaches a mechanic.

5. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

The problem with the Archer_Charge is that you don't see Shads cursor and the three levels.

6. PRODIX

PRODIX Shipwright

i can host / mirror it

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

You're right, we'll need to redo the charge demonstration. I thought it'd be ok but seeing it now we need to be as clear as possible.

We'll also need to redo the hiding scene I think. I'm hoping around weird and shooting bad and Lightz is doing something really weird. I'd also like to do it without the names.

The other scenes looks alright to me.

Wyeth I'm really really impressed with the camera work. Your panning is very smooth. I hope that other recording people will be able to control the camera as well.

Where's the stuff Cryptly filmed?

Wyeth likes this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Be sure to ping the hell out of me on IRC when this is done so I can frontpage it. Preferably when there's a tut for all 3 classes.

Monsteri likes this.
  9. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

umm... I downloaded the Archer video, and there was no sound whatsoever, is there supposed to be?

10. Wyeth

Darksteel all my videos are without sound, as fraps also records our wild TS arguments. Also they will get a voiceover anyways.

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Ugh.. bad bad bad. You need background sound in the game.

12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You can put them there manually :D

13. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh crap.
    So none of our footage has any sound...?

Wyeth, you can mute TS :(

14. Wyeth

Uh they knew about that and said its okay. Just the 5 videos I recoreded. not a whole lot of sound anyways. But yeah I guess turning off ts makes more sense... in my defense I am sick and it was late.

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

My bad- he said he muted the sound and I thought he meant specifically the TS sound, not all sound. But that's ok we can remix some sound effects in or something.

16. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Won't be able to do any voiceover work for the next few days, down with strep throat. Woe betides.

17. Kelden

Kelden Shipwright

My voice is terrible and i can't really record on my ancient computer, but if you need some help editing the videos or a fall-guy for in game recording stuff let me know.

18. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Instead of staging every moment it would be alot easier to have a couple of volunteers to record while they play and then just edit it properly.

19. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Hi there, potatomcwhiskey here once again. I signed up for the last tutorial squad but i got quite busy.

I've come to realize that organizing so many people together on a project online is pretty darn hard as we all have demand in our lives and its hard to get the ball rolling. With that I've decided to make the videos myself. Its been far to long that this idea has been knocking around without something being out there at least to hold the fort until better produced stuff comes along.

This my test video of me playing the game. I learned a lot from making it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWodHci7pM&

Sound of the game was too low in comparison to my microphone. - Need to figuire out a balance.
    There was a lot of background noise and interference. - Noise cancellation with sound editing such as audacity.
    Lack of coherant direction for the video - need to have a goal for KAG Videos.
    I move my mic around a bit too much which is a negative to the viewing experience.
    Telling me what I may have overlooked in the video would be great. I'm going to take a crack at an archer tutorial later on today. By no means am I a skilled archer but I'll be going over these things.
    Archer

Basic movement and controls
    Jumping, Ducking and walking.
    Arrows
    Aquiring Arrows (Trees and Workshops)
    Shooting arrows (3 modes)
    Advanced movement
    Fall Damage and stun
    Arrow ladders
    Tree climbing and falling from them.

I forgot to cover fall damage, but I'm very happy with the way this turned out.

http://youtu.be/oi8CZvV-gy4

I'll be working on putting a full video catching everything you guys planned on covering. Please note I'm not trying to steal your thunder, I just wanted to get this done to practice recording and uploading video and helping out the KAG community.

Pod, Wyeth and SirSalami like this.
  20. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Has this died again?