1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Um, icemusher2?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by icemusher, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So i was playing KAG beta earlier, and this guy named icemusher2 connects... Icemusher is an unusual name, who would use it? upload_2014-6-24_21-30-25.png this some kind of bug or something??? Because he ignored me.
    [Window Title]
    TightVNC Viewer

[Main Instruction]
    TightVNC Viewer has stopped working

[Content]
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

[Cancel]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

It may be a guy, which knows your password and playing with your nickname. It can be your friend. It can be a lucky key-searching guy. It can be a hacker...

3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

It's probably just a guy who has that name over the internet, and wanted to use it again. But as he see's, you have it. So he names himself icemusher2. lol, it's not hacks or anything, as his realusername is icemusher2.

And suddenly you come across the same server. (other than that, I would say some of your friends are trolling you and made an alt of that name.)

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It happens when someone connects on a server but its username is already used by someone else, so KAG adds a number to it (blah2, blah3, blah4).
    It's not possible to register with the same username as someone, so it's either a player using your account either someone registered as icemusher2, either some bug (Maybe the server received two of your login request because of some bug and it didn't close the connection yet).

In your case, it must be someone playing with your account (Change your password in case) or a bug, once icemusher2 is not register in the API.
    https://api.kag2d.com/v1/player/icemusher/status
    https://api.kag2d.com/v1/player/icemusher2/status

5. Ah, I figured it out. It was a friend I lent my account to, I never thought he would actually use it.

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Since this is solved, locking. Any further conversation you might want/want the thread open again. Send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.