1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Update Delays

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Guys and Girls,

Bad news on the impending update - we’re having lots of issues with testing, particularly with servers. Issues include crashing and the game getting patched into an unplayable state, which is something we’re trying very hard to avoid!

[​IMG]
    Many hours were spent angry at the computer.

Amidst the repository migration and build order changes we’re not sure where the issues are coming from, and will keep you posted as things become clear - we’d very much like to avoid having to get people to re-download or manually clean their game folders, and also want to minimise server disruption as much as possible - particularly with all the ongoing competitive events at the moment!

In light of these issues we’ll be holding the update until we feel these issues have been resolved, and will be spending the next week or so at least getting to the bottom of these issues.

The good news to be found here is that we’re actually up to the point where we want to test the stuff for release, rather than working more on stuff in the background - so an update isn’t too far away. Bear with us in the meantime!

Have Fun,

Max/Geti

Originally from http://www.thd.vg/post/104229724085/kag-update-delays

101i, Dargona1018, Verzuvius and 4 others like this.
  2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    Sadly, bears lack basic coding knowledge, and also find it really hard to find keyboards that work for large paws.

3. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

At least its not that far away? ;/ I guess its better to release stable updates than crashing ones!

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Doing our best to overcome these issues!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Thanks for the update! Better to hear that things aren't going according to plan, and that you're working on it, than receive no news at all.
    (inb4 revsta "devs aren't doing anything")

6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fun fact: Geti's thought bubble is an actual representation of MM's spaghetti code!

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Hella thanks for brightening my day :^) We'll get right on honey rush after the patch is out.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I remember that one classic update that was apparently tested before release, but amplified gravity a thousandfold and made bombs explode in under a tenth of a second. Bugs must be very mysterious creatures if that wasn't a troll update.

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Almost as mysterious as deep-sea creatures.

On Topic:
    Game-crashing bugs are a sign of awesome changes on their way, so keep up the good work! We're looking forward to it.

10. SharkT

SharkT Arsonist

Servers going crazy when pepole with 500 ping is on,