1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Useful Structures - a community effort.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Swaggernuts, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That is a nice fort, mainly because it's nice and thick there are no areas that are pure background to be able to simply knock off for example half of the top or some such. The bottom near the back could be better reinforced to require a builder to get in that way though, currently it could be dug under from in front of the pit, underneath, into that tunnel, (or past it) and into the room.

The structure itself however looks very nice, but would require the work of a few people to start up in the starting time (which seems to have shortened if I'm not mistaken)

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Rhino

[​IMG]

small quick castle, you should be able to finish most of it within the build phase

[​IMG]
    begin by placing two stone blocks on either side of tent and then spamming drawbridges to the desired height before filling in the walls. this gives your teammates a visual aid of what you are planning and doesn't block them from reaching tent. drop down to tent whenever you need materials.

[​IMG]
    next fill in doors on top, then build quarters next to right door. placing 3 bomb tiles on left side of quarters will shrink them to what is shown in the picture. break top right corner of quarters and place a drawbridge. use the remaining time in your build phase to make an archers nest

[​IMG]
    you can add some finishing touches afterwards if you feel like it

Kyzak and Headbomb like this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

For the flag I personally always like to just put 2x teamdoors on each side and then surround it with 2thick stone walls and then start making a fort similar to what Jackard posted beside/connecting to it.

It all really depends on what the other builders in the server are doing and if they will get the heck out of the way though. Also it depends on how big the map is. Smaller maps you do need to condense things more.

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Yea, sometimes your teammates will totally fuck it up despite your scaffolding. Be prepared for retarded door and ladder spamming. In that case I usually just spam Quarters for breaking after the build phase is over.

Noburu likes this.
  5. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

IIIIitts floaty! I like it.

Sometimes I like making everything elevated. Or at least bridge structure together. Speaking of bridges, I tend to reinforce them a bunch so that it can be used even when big portions get stuck retracted or an enemy holds the bridge down. screen-11-11-07-05-23-07.png

6. Streaky_Haddock

Streaky_Haddock Shipwright

I'm kind of a newbie, but I enjoy builder. Are there any structures I can make that are useful but are simple enough for a newbie to understand and put together really quickly? Like something that can house an outpost of a couple of workshops/quarters.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

[​IMG]
    Always begin by building your Quarters right-to-left.

[​IMG]
    Add three tiles of your second workshop on the left side of your Quarters.

[​IMG]
    Build your third workshop left-to-right.

[​IMG]
    Add your finishing touches.

[​IMG]
    You could also do this instead, gives your archer a little safety to fire.

PS. The top right corner of your Quarters can be removed, it will still function.

8. beaneebar

beaneebar Shipwright

Dude, 5x for me... -_- <---- my face on the 3rd time

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Very good advice Jackard. Dont think a lot of people know that trick either :)

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I've done it accidently multiple times, but with arrow and bomb workshops. Then I, accidently again often buy 2 bombs instead of 40 arrows :(

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

By the way some of the structures posted earlier in the thread no longer function in the current release. I think we should copypaste any working structures to a new thread where the discussion is still relevant.

12. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I will close this thread as it has become extremely bloated, with no way of telling which buildings are outdated (for beginners).

Please read the new Guidelines of the Discussion Forum and repost your up to date structures as their own respective threads.
    Don't forget to like useful structures (or post under it that you think it should go into the Overview).
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.