1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Vaping; The Clean Alternative to Typical Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thebonesauce, Dec 27, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I definitely agree with you, but also consider the fact that the unknown turning into "We've used it for ____!" often turns into cases like cigarettes until even when it's proven to be so bad for you, the common man might still think twice.

i.e. There are always going to be new things to fear, and we have no idea if vaping will bring one of them.
    That said I extremely doubt that will be the case however there is some basis for that type of thinking, even with how bad cigarettes are.

thebonesauce and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, of course. You're superheating glycerin and propylene glycol and inhaling it... It's pretty easy to see why one might be scared to try, but even so, I think I'll take the long term risks and more probable rewards of vaping than the long term issues that I KNOW will happen with cigarettes.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Probably not a whole lot different to working over a deep-frier, tbh. So, not great, but certainly a butt-ton better than the alternative.

Sir_Walter and thebonesauce like this.
  4. thebonesauce

You know, to support my claim that you don't have to smoke cigarettes to be able to enjoy a vape. My little sister has a vape with the fluid that has no nicotine. Same deal with my mother. This younger girl got a brand new vape, and she's giving her old one to my mother. Yes, my mother is going to start vaping as well, and just for the record, my mom doesn't smoke either and she'll be getting fluid with no nicotine as well.

So yeah, @SAcptm ! There really are more people who vape just to enjoy the flavors!

5. JediOfTheReich

JediOfTheReich Shark Slayer

*Becomes addicted to vapes*

thebonesauce and Sir_Walter like this.
  6. thebonesauce

Hahaha! Well, you obviously don't want to get the fluid with the nicotine in it if you're a non-smoker. Nicotine is mildly addictive, but it's hard to kick the habit because of several factors aside from the nicotine. There's also the oral fixation, where it feels like you need to have a cigarette filter in your mouth at all times. Then there's the deal with your hands; over time, you have a habit of smoking every few hours or so, and all that time smoking kinda makes you feel like you need that cigarette between your fingers. On top of that, there are two more reasons why it's so hard to kick the habit; the social aspect, and availability. The social aspect refers to if you are hanging out with a friend and they smoke, more than likely you'll want to smoke too. As for availability, you can honestly walk into any gas station, department store, certain pharmacies, grocery stores, etc etc etc. and buy pretty much any brand of smoke you want.

I lied however, here's the most important part of it all; imagine how much money you'll save! Almost daily for like 3 years, I had been buying Newport 100s that cost around $6. Now let's compare it to the vape; there are flavors that cost anywhere from $2.99 to about $12. I bought two bottles of Space Jam's Andromeda, it was like $24 for some rather large 15 mL bottle and has a pretty nifty eye-dropper to be able to refill the tank on your vape.

That's really why I have my vape, because I still get that oral fixation and know what to do with my hands, I can not only use it in public, but I CAN use it inside most places. On top of that, the money I'm saving because of this is so great. I went to that vape store where I got all my stuff from, and I bought the last two bottles of Andromeda. Even though $24 sounds steep, imagine how much I'm saving here; I got the bottles two weeks ago, and still have a wee little bit in one bottle, and a full bottle still sealed up. Now for some quick math; if I smoked, I would have to buy a pack every day, and the cost of my brand of smokes is $6 even (Yes, I know. It's way too expensive). So we'll take 6 and multiply it by 14 days, which means that I would have to spend like $84 on cigarettes.

I really wish that I could say more, but I couldn't really do it justice. I'll just give it a very strong recommendation.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. JediOfTheReich

JediOfTheReich Shark Slayer

yeah it's all good i was just joking :wink:

thebonesauce likes this.
  8. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Let's not forget the biggest factor of all here, and the thing I mourned most when going cold turkey: the absolute iron-clad incontestable excuse to leave any awkward room/person/situation at any time.

Also bonesauce have you experimented much with mixing flavours yet? Like, filling a chamber with multiple liquids. My favourite is probably 50/50 menthol/fruit combinations, keeps things weird and exciting. It's like there's a party in your mouth and nobody has legislated to shut it down yet.

9. thebonesauce

Hahaha, I don't have many flavors quite yet, but my main order of 5 should be in tomorrow! And when I get it, I'll let you know!

UH DOUBLE POST UH UH SHAKE THAT HEALTHY BUTT

@SAcptm, I went by your suggestion when I went to my local vape store, I ditched KangerTech and picked up the Aspire Nautilus Mini instead. You are absolutely correct dude, this works perfectly. I went through two KangerTech tanks, the first one broke the threading on the top part of the housing, so there was no way I could use that. The second one... I don't even know where to begin with this one... It was the KangerTech GeniTank Mini, and it worked fine for about two weeks. All of a sudden, I noticed that the chamber that holds the fluid was leaking out big time... It's not too much of a surprise, but then when I tried to use my vape, it kept telling me these few warnings; "Atomizer Low" "No Atomizer" and finally "Protection" which I assume protects the piece from shorting out.

But yeah, I am VERY happy with my Nautilus, I haven't seen a single leak and I probably won't ever see it leaking... The bottom part of the housing for the fluid has a giant rubber base, making it perfect as a seal.

TRIPLE POST?! OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO

The other day, I was searching for a review of the Nautilus, and I found this website called Vista Vapor. As soon as the page loads, you'll be treated with a, "free sample bottle," and only have to pay $1.99 for shipping. There were options of flavors and nicotine levels. There was also an option to pay a little bit extra for a bigger bottle, and it only costs an extra $2.50. So I ended up with a 32 oz bottle of kiwi watermelon flavoring with 24mg of nicotine. Considering I just ordered it on the 20th, and it came in yesterday, it was quite the pleasant surprise.

On a more serious note, @SAcptm asked me if I ever mixed fluids to get different flavors. So I did a little mix and match and finally came upon my second favorite flavor; I used the kiwi watermelon as a base, and I mixed in some strawberry banana and just a dash of strawberries and cream...

I tell you what, this flavor is so wonderful, and I would totally have sex with my vape if my dick fit in the tip. :(

On a more serious note, I've actually been converting people. I allow them to try my flavors and show them how much money they'll save. I also stress the fact that it's so much healthier than typical cigarettes.

Be sure to go to this website! http://ww.vistavapor.com

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Noburu, Sir_Walter and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Spoken like a Nautilus Mini user. That's why I use the Nautilus XXXL.

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

>inb4 TBS incorporates "The Church of Latter Day Vapes"

Noburu, Sir_Walter and thebonesauce like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

13. thebonesauce

Traditionally, you're not supposed to inhale cigars since they're much, MUCH more harsh than any other tobacco. Of course, I used to inhale them because I needed my nicotine a few times when I had cigars/cigarillos but no smokes. This was back when I worked at that gas station.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

So, out of interest, what's the appeal of a cigar if not for nicotine? Is it just for flavour? (And if so, what do they taste like?)

15. thebonesauce

I suppose it is just for flavor... Some taste better than others, however, if we're simply referring to something like a Cuban cigar, they don't taste very good...

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

SAY NO TOOOO DRUUGSSSSSSS
    SAYNOTODRUGS
    i learnt it in scool today :thumbs_up:
    thebonesauce is a street thug ::(:
    noburu is gay
    i learnt if you wanna smoke smoke :log:
    kindergarden is cul i has cul sticker better than urs
    saynotodrugs :)

J-man2003 and Noburu like this.
  17. thebonesauce

So I turned BlueLuigi to a little gem I ended up getting for my mom. She has had two starter kits over the last few weeks, both of which were shit and needed replaced. I posted this in a private convo, but I'll post it up here too so people have a bit more understanding of what these things look like.

I got my mom a new vape as a belated birthday present, it's a step up from those cheap, shitty $13 starters and a step down from building your own rig. I snapped a picture of it alongside my rig for comparison's sake.

[​IMG]

It has a really nice Pyrex glass tank, a nice metal body (it's red, only color they had left), hits pretty nicely and you can swap out flavors without having to worry about burning out the coils like you would with a starter. Surprisingly, it sometimes actually hits better and produces more vapor than my current rig, but that's probably because it's a brand new atomizer and I've had mine for a few weeks now.

Here's two pictures showing off the vapor production with both setups;

[​IMG]
    That's the KangerTech one I got for my mom...

[​IMG]
    ...and that's the vapor production from mine.

I guess it's really all about personal preference. If you're gonna dedicate to it and use it long term, I'm not sure I would suggest what I got for my mom. However, if you're like BlueLuigi and just want to experience some new flavors without the nicotine, I would definitely recommend what I got for my mom. It's a KangerTech EVOD Mega. I'm sure you can find way more stuff like it on the internet.

And just for completion's sake, here's a picture of my flavor collection.
    [​IMG]

Pictured from left to right are;
    Ginger Soda (24mg 52mL)
    Spearmint (24mg 32mL)
    Kiwi Watermelon (24mg 32mL)
    Ecto Cooler (24mg 30mL)
    Cinnatoast Munch (24mg 30mL)
    'Murica (6mg 30mL dripper)
    Andromeda (18mg 18mL)
    Pink Lemonade (24mg 15mL)
    Admiral Berry Crunch (24mg 15mL)
    Fruity Hoops (24mg 15mL)
    Strawbana (24mg 15mL)
    Cotton Candy (18mg 15mL)
    Strawberries and Cream (12mg 10mL)
    Polar Bear Cooler (18mg 10mL)

I had a few others like a 30mL bottle of Solar Flare (minty menthol, citrus) that I ended up giving to my older sister because I wasn't much of a fan. Also gave her another bottle of Polar Bear Cooler (chocolate/mint, like Andes) that I got for 50% off. All of the bottles I've discussed don't cost any more than $12 and are usually $3-$4. All the bottles listed and mentioned cost less than $100 all together.

And last but not least, here's a few websites with good flavors.

The best quality shit I could find on the internet is from Mount Baker Vapor, just be wary of the options (don't get distracted with all the choices). I highly recommend Strawbana and Ecto Cooler. The nice thing about this site is that if you know exactly what you want, you can create your own flavors by mixing and matching different flavor bases on the site and they ship the results to you. I personally haven't tried it yet, but my older sister said she ended up liking what she made up a lot.

There's also Vista Vapors, they have more simplified flavors and it's not the best quality but I definitely enjoyed what I had and they were pretty cheap to boot. In fact, I discovered them while reading reviews of the Aspire Nautilus Mini from Google, and Vista Vapors offered a free 15mL bottle of your choice ($0.99 shipping I believe). They even allow you to upgrade to 32mL for $2.50 shipping. I decided to take the upgrade and got a 32 mL bottle of Kiwi Watermelon. I dug it quite a bit, so I got Spearmint and Ginger Soda from them as well.

Elevated Vaping is a site I just discovered a few days ago; haven't been able to try anything from them, but they sell Space Jam's Andromeda, so I would hope all the liquids have the same quality.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Almost every time I shopped on Mount Baker Vapor, they offered a coupon code to get 10% off your order, and they ALWAYS include a random 15mL bottle of fluid with no nicotine. My first order from them they included a sample of Maui Sunrise (some kind of tropical fruit flavor, gave it to a coworker who uses a vape with no nicotine), and the second they sent a 15mL bottle of Cinnatoast Munch, which I gave to my mother. They claim that all fluid is freshly mixed, but there's no real way to confirm that. Vista Vapors, however, has, "This bottle is custom made for: <insert name here>," printed on the label. Whether that means they actually mix each bottle by order or just print it on bottles they've had in stock for a long time, I have no idea.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  18. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

Whats so good about smoking tho?

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

You have been reading the rest of this thread, right? :huh?:

Read through here. Should explain everything.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  20. thebonesauce

Never said there WAS anything good about smoking. That's why I switched to a cleaner, healthier alternative.

Fuck it, time to resurrect this bitch.

Last week (some time, can't remember when) I was getting out of my car to go into work, my vape fell out of my pocket. I have dropped that fucking thing at least 100 times (not an exaggeration) and this was the one time it fell and the Pyrex tank broke. I was forced to use it as a dripper, and eventually used the one I bought for my mom for a few days until the shop was open. Long weekend with Memorial Day and all...

I was kinda debating on getting a few strictly mechanical units, they had a really nice one called Kung Fu.

[​IMG]

There are a few key differences between mechanical mods and normal batteries; first of all, there's no failsafe switch. With the eLeaf 20W/30W/50W and iTaste 30W ones (or really, anything that isn't a mechanical mod), if you happen to accidentally press the fire button it'll cut off automatically after 10 seconds. Mechanical mods will fire until the thing explodes. The other big difference is they use external batteries like a fucking television remote. I wasn't down with the whole idea of buying a mechanical mod for $59, an extra $10 for batteries, and then an external battery charger as using the mini-USB slots on mechanical mods is, "unwise," as I've been told. So I debated over eLeaf iStick 50W and iTaste 30W, until I realized they were the same price and my 20W iStick has been fabulous to me. So I settled on a chrome and blue 50W battery. $74. It uses pretty much any coil, any atomizer, can handle low ohm outputs, etc. Plus it's really not even all that much bigger than the 20W version. Here's a few pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fully charged straight from the box, mini-USB charging port, optional drip tip for dripping instead of filling the tank, and man does the little fucker put off some huge vapor clouds. Entirely satisfied. Now I need a steel case with a fingerprint scan so the fucking thing doesn't end up broken too.

I would just like to reiterate that holy fucking shit is the vapor production AMAZING. I've been sitting here reading the forums blowing completely opaque clouds of white, vapey goodness. The only one I've seen put off more vapor is the rig owned by the dude who runs the shop I go to, and that's because he's one of those mad scientist vapers who builds his own rig from scratch, along with his coils, housing, tanks, etc. He prefers mechanical mods, but I don't see the point... I can't say I've ever hit a vape continuously for 10+ seconds. I think the longest I've ever inhaled was like 6.5 seconds.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2015, Original Post Date: May 28, 2015 ---
    Also, here's some pictures of me hitting this bitch. Prepare for clouds upon clouds!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mods: BlueLuigi